Concerts You've Attended

Elvish

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Compared to you guys I haven't lived! Mainly because the nearest concert venue is 100 miles away (which have only had 3 or 4 good bands in the last 5 years or so), the next venue is 170 miles away and London is 300 miles from me :: I'm right at Lands End in Cornwall

Lands_end_sign.jpg

Heres my great list...

Status Quo (last month)

Def Leppard

Kylie & Danni Minogue

The Commitments (from the film)

Yeah, I am also ashamed of my lack of concert going experience. I have been to three, and they were all in 2004.

I saw Metallica, Kiss and The Eagles. I loved every minute of it, but I have the same prob as Foxy, I live about 200km from Sydney, where all the bands go when they are in Australia. So, it is a bit of a struggle to get there.

I've dredged up some more from the wasteland that is my memory...

David Lee Roth w/Poison opening

Twisted Sister / Great White / TNT - actually got front row tix for this - it meant something at the time, I'm just not sure what

Scorpions w/Bon Jovi opening 1984

Ratt w/ Bon Jovi opening 1985

Bon Jovi w/Guiffria(?) opening New Jersy tour 1987 (?)

Crosby Stills & Nash at Candlestick Park 1984

Foreigner (the tour with "Waiting For A Girl Like You" - they were lame by then)

Blues Traveler 2002

Chris Duarte (2x)1995 & 2003

Bullet Boys 1989

Kenny G (3x - what can I say - my wife loves him)

Joe Satriani 1992

Faster Pussycat 1992

Sponge w/Letter To Cleo 1995

John Kay & "Steppenwolf" 1986

GTR (Steve Howe of Yes & Steve Hackett of Genesis) 1986

Honeymoon Suite 1986

Roger Waters (Pros & Cons of Hitch-hiking tour) 1985

Judas Priest w/Dokken 1986

Accept w/Helix & Keel 1985

Lord Tracy 1990 (very cool band if you've never heard of them)

Chuck Mangione (2x) 1982 both times

Buddy Guy (2x) w/then 12 year old Derek Trucks 1991, and 2004 at HOB Orlando

BB King w/Tinsley Ellis 1991

Damn Yankees w/Jackyl 1993 (just for the record Jackyl sucks BDD)

.38 Special (2x) w/Ted Nugent 1987 & w/Marshall Tucker Band 1992

Better Than Ezra 1996

Love/Hate 1990

Faith No More w/Helmet 1992

Jimmy Buffet 1995 (yes, I am a parrothead - Hi Ken!!)

Ziggy Marley 1995

Pink Floyd at the Metrodome in Minneapolis 1988 "I'm not worthy"

Alice Cooper (2x) w/Vinnie Vincent Invasion 1986 and w/Guns n Roses 1987 (right before GNR got HUGE)

Gregg Allman & Friends w/BTO 1987

Starship w/Joe Walsh - possibly the worst show ever

Triumph 1986

Travis Tritt 1992

Megadeth w/Suicidal Tendencies 1992

Nazareth 1982

The Outlaws w/Blackfoot 1981

Black Uhuru w/Andrew Tosh & Kenny Rankin 1993

Concrete Blonde 1992

Warrant w/Kingdom Come 1989

Edie Brickell & New Bohemians w/Blue Rodeo

Living Colour (2x) 1989 & 1991

David Lee Roth w/Cinderella & Extreme 1991

Black Crowes 1992

Yellowjackets 1994

Nightranger w/Y&T 1984

The Go-Gos w/A Flock of Seagulls 1982 (c'mon now, I had a date for this one)

Adam Ant 1983 (no date - had to take my sister and her friends)

Billy Squier w/Saga 1983

Eddie Money - 1982

Zebra 1983

Roxx Gang 1989

Whitesnake w/Great White 1989

Delbert McClinton 1996 - and upcoming I have Tix for 02/18/05 to see Delbert McClinton at The Tampa Theatre - www.tampatheatre.org - very cool place - sorry to run so long on this - I guess I've been blessed to have the opportunity to see so many shows. Hopefully there are many more to come. Get out and see whatever you can that appeals to you. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC - the bands make WAYYYYYY more money on touring and merchandise than they do on record or cd sales. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Chuck, you've seen some awesome shows. Far more than I have attended. One of the most impressive lists I have ever seen. However. You saw Mangione and Kenny G. I think you may have left out Tesh? Those artists 'pee' in your perfect pool.

You will bow down to my bunghole...

Do you have any TP?

of course I have TP - it's for my BUNGhole BUNGhole BUNGhole

Mangione was cuz I was in Jazz band in high school (played bari sax) and KG was... well there's really no excuse for that one, especially three times. And to think I was embarrassed about the Adam Ant show! Don't mess with Tesh - he's almost as cool as Yawni...er ... Yanni :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm quite old and cannot list all the shows I've seen even if I could remember them. Some hilights:

70's: Foghat/J. Geils Band/Head East (my first concert ever), Neil Young & Crazy Horse (Rust Never Sleeps Tour, the show that was filmed), Yes '78, Zeppelin '77 (their last American concert), Fleetwood Mac twice, ELO.

80's: Pink Floyd (The Wall in LA), Skynard, Allman Bros, Stevie Ray Vaughan twice, The Who, Springsteen, Santana, CSN, ZZ Top, Moody Blues, Clapton, The Band, McCartney/Wings, Jefferson Starship, Seger/SBB, Roger Waters, Dire Straits, David Gilmour, BB King.

90's: Floyd, Black Crowes, Phish, Genesis, Jeff Beck, Steely Dan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Little Feat, Meat Loaf, Buddy Guy, many repeats from above.

00's: CSNY, Aerosmith, Steppenwolf, Joe Cocker, some repeats from above.

...never Queen or Stones...won't miss next time.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Wow, TenYears, I wish I had seen live Bob Seger, Neil Young and Jefferson Starship... was it with or without Grace Slick? She´s my queen of rock... I can´t recall exactly all the shows I´ve seen coz due to my work I´ve seen too many... the other day I found a ticket of a Clash concert back from the 70s, one of their first concerts... I didn´t even remember I had seen the Clash... I also have some friends who swear I´ve been with them to a Blondie concert, I have the ticket too but I don´t remember... and I´m still not 50!

Hope one day I can see neil Young, I had the occasion a couple of times but for some reason I didn´t go.

When I saw Starship they were riding their 3rd or 4th wave of popularity. They were mediocre - they seemed disinterested I guess would be the best way to describe it - and the sound was horrible. Also, it was a double bill - Joe Walsh was the other half and he was stone drunk - cussing the audience - literally falling down. It was arguably the worst concert I've ever seen.

:: :: ::

i've avoided this thread for ages cos i knew it would take me forever to reply and i'll inevitably forget loads but here goes! (some are repeated) :

witnness 2000

badly drawn boy, mouse on mars, turn, david gray, beck, asian dub foundation, leftfield, snow patrol,

witnness 2001

the avalanches, fun lovin' criminals, super furry animals, placebo, snow patrol, paul weller, frank black and the catholics

slane 2002

u2, nelly furtado, moby,

slane 2003

red hot chilli peppers, foo fighters, queens of the stone age, pj harvey

phoenix park 2004

red hot chilli peppers, the pixies, hothouse flowers, groove armada, the thrills

lisdoonvarna 2004

josh ritter, mark geary, the frames, nina hynes, colm quearney, damien dempsey, roesy, mundy, luka bloom, clive barnes

oxegen 2004

basement jaxx, black eyed peas, electric six, faithless, franz ferdinand, goldie lookin chain, kings of leon, massive attack, n.e.r.d., scissor sisters, the cure, the darkness, the divine comedy, the rapture, the strokes

irish acts (most of them multiple times)

mic christopher, the frames, damien rice, maria doyle kennedy, colm quearney, gavin moore, the divine comedy, christy moore, sack, mundy, nina hynes, fred, clive barnes, mark geary, paddy casey, david kitt, ian whitty, niall connolly, jj72, the thrills,

various gigs

manic street preachers, radiohead, the rolling stones, clinic, ash, muse, rem, super furry animals, david gray

about seven million others that i can't remember.... i should really keep a record for the grandkids!

Wow, TenYears, I wish I had seen live Bob Seger, Neil Young and Jefferson Starship... was it with or without Grace Slick? She´s my queen of rock... I can´t recall exactly all the shows I´ve seen coz due to my work I´ve seen too many... the other day I found a ticket of a Clash concert back from the 70s, one of their first concerts... I didn´t even remember I had seen the Clash... I also have some friends who swear I´ve been with them to a Blondie concert, I have the ticket too but I don´t remember... and I´m still not 50!

Hope one day I can see neil Young, I had the occasion a couple of times but for some reason I didn´t go.

Friday, August 29th, 1986

Pine Knob Music Theatre

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band

Section Left Row I Seat 041

14mq.jpg

nothing as impressive as most people i guess, but my favorite ones have been:

rolling stones, the dandy warhols, placebo, muse, R.E.M., BUSH, grandaddy, PULP, mogwai

the two that made me cry of excitment were radiohead and the cure, both amazing

i also saw the pixies over the summer and they were terrible, i dont know if they played differently in each place. in greece they didnt say a word and just kept playing non-stop. also, they didnt play "where is my mind?", argh!

• 4 months later...

[color:"#666666"] I've been to two concerts. Yet, I've seen fifteen bands. Chevelle twice. I've seen Hoobastank, Breaking BEnjamin, Afi, My Chemical Romance, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, The Killers, Keane, Velvet Revolver, Jimmy eat world, Franz Ferdinand, and two more. I'm drawing a blank

• 3 weeks later...

Frankie Valie and the Four Season

The Fins (about 27billion times)

The Bobs

Reel Big Fish w. Suburban Prophets

Hoobastank w. Andrew WK

Riddlin Kids w. Allister

Green Day w. Blink 182 and Saves the Day

Bouncing Souls w. Let It Burn, The Loved Ones, The Explosion

Murder by Death, Onelinedrawing, and Bear vs Shark

Camera Shy Paprazzi (dozens upon dozens of times)

Third Eye Blind w. Josh kelley

Thursday

Something Corporate w. Good Charolette(ew) and Mest

Moody Blues

Herman's Hermits

Vanessa Carlton

Dane Cook

George Carlin

Something Corporate (4x total)