Lady Gaga plagiarises Madonna

Ombre Vivante

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/88918/lady-gagas-ears-are-broken/

"Express Yourself" > "born this way"

She calls it "retarded" that people immediately noticed she plagiarised Madonna. She explains her lack of talent as a "chord progression" popular in Disco music (although she can't name one song before "Express Yourself" that also had the same chorus and "chord progression" the way she ripped it off).

:beatnik:

I love the Gaga - everyone rips of someone else somewhere along the line. Everything has already been done before, and everyone draws inspiration from someone else. Madonna also had the need to use ABBA for Hung up, so she's not in the clear either...

It'd be pretty cool to be back when there was no other material to use, and people were coming up with completely original stuff. Must have been exciting to be back then instead of on the conveyor belt of our century.

I love the Gaga - everyone rips of someone else somewhere along the line. Everything has already been done before, and everyone draws inspiration from someone else. Madonna also had the need to use ABBA for Hung up, so she's not in the clear either...

It'd be pretty cool to be back when there was no other material to use, and people were coming up with completely original stuff. Must have been exciting to be back then instead of on the conveyor belt of our century.

Who cares about Madonna now? That dinosaur hasn't cut a decent album since Ray Of Light. Anyway, if things are the way lady gaag explains - i.e., her b.s. of an excuse about the "chord progression" coming from other songs prior to "Express Yourself" - then all she had to do was name a few of those songs... she couldn't name ONE. Hell, I can't think of one. Can anyone? :beatnik:

I don't think the two songs sound that much alike, but I do notice she also imitates the chorus from Vogue where she lists classic Hollywood stars.

Yeah, they do sound a lot alike. That's a fact... a SONGFACT :headphones:

Who cares about Madonna now? That dinosaur hasn't cut a decent album since Ray Of Light. Anyway, if things are the way lady gaag explains - i.e., her b.s. of an excuse about the "chord progression" coming from other songs prior to "Express Yourself" - then all she had to do was name a few of those songs... she couldn't name ONE. Hell, I can't think of one. Can anyone? :beatnik:

:P

If things are the way lady gaag explains - i.e., her b.s. of an excuse about the "chord progression" coming from other songs prior to "Express Yourself" - then all she had to do was name a few of those songs... she couldn't name ONE. Hell, I can't think of one. Can anyone?

Respect Yourself from the Staple Sisters is a song prior to Express Yourself with slight similar vocal progression. Madonna has even been accused of borrowing from the song without crediting.

Critics and fans are also saying Gaga ripped off chord progression parts of Vogue and part of the beat from Ray of Light sounds the same.

article-0-0D69F4E9000005DC-496_634x474.j

Lady Gaga impersonates Madonna at the very end of the video for Born This Way. It's obvious she had her in mind during the song's creation process.

Well if I read correctly, she only said the chord progression had been used before.

If we're just referencing the chord progression then here are a few examples:

All Along The Watchtower

All Right now

All Shook Up

All The Small Things

Amazing Grace

Back In Black

Bad Moon Rising

Be-Bop-A-Lula

Blowing In The Wind

Blue Suede Shoes

Breakfast At Tiffanys

Brown Eyed Girl

Clementine

Eency Weency Spider

Folsom Prison Blues

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow

Free Fallin'

Get Back

God Save The Queen (The Sex Pistols one)

Great Balls Of Fire

Guantanamera

Hand In My Pocket

Happy Birthday

Hava Nagilah

Have I told You Lately That I Love You

He's Got The Whole World In His Hand

Hound Dog

In The Sweet Bye And Bye

Johnny B. Good

Jolene

Kum Ba Yah My Lord

La Bamba

La Cucaracha

London Bridge

Louie Louie

Michael Row The Boat Ashore

My Bonnie

Nobody Knows The Trouble

Oh Susanna

Old MacDonald

Old Time religion

O Sole Mio

Ring Of Fire

Row Row Row Your Boat

Rock Around The Clock

She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain

Should I Stay Or Should I Go

You Shook Me All Night Long

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Surfin USA

Undone- The Sweater Song

Sweet Home Alabama

The Tide Is High

The Star Spangled Banner

Tutti Frutti

Twist And Shout

Walk Of Life

What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor

When The Saints

Whole Lotta Love

Wild Thing

You Are My Sunshine

However, if we are referring to songs that use/sound like the exact same notes as "Express Yourself" then I guess that would require a fair bit more research.

I quote myself from the Music Discussion thread a couple months back:

Anytime my kid is in the car, he changes the station to one he likes. And so it was when driving him to school this morning I heard Gaga's "Born This Way" for the first time, didn't know what song it was, and thought someone had done a mash-up of Madonna's "Express Yourself" and "Vogue."

:beatnik:

Well if I read correctly, she only said the chord progression had been used before.

If we're just referencing the chord progression then here are a few examples:

All Along The Watchtower

All Right now

All Shook Up

All The Small Things

Amazing Grace

Back In Black

Bad Moon Rising

Be-Bop-A-Lula

Blowing In The Wind

Blue Suede Shoes

Breakfast At Tiffanys

Brown Eyed Girl

Clementine

Eency Weency Spider

Folsom Prison Blues

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow

Free Fallin'

Get Back

God Save The Queen (The Sex Pistols one)

Great Balls Of Fire

Guantanamera

Hand In My Pocket

Happy Birthday

Hava Nagilah

Have I told You Lately That I Love You

He's Got The Whole World In His Hand

Hound Dog

In The Sweet Bye And Bye

Johnny B. Good

Jolene

Kum Ba Yah My Lord

La Bamba

La Cucaracha

London Bridge

Louie Louie

Michael Row The Boat Ashore

My Bonnie

Nobody Knows The Trouble

Oh Susanna

Old MacDonald

Old Time religion

O Sole Mio

Ring Of Fire

Row Row Row Your Boat

Rock Around The Clock

She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain

Should I Stay Or Should I Go

You Shook Me All Night Long

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Surfin USA

Undone- The Sweater Song

Sweet Home Alabama

The Tide Is High

The Star Spangled Banner

Tutti Frutti

Twist And Shout

Walk Of Life

What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor

When The Saints

Whole Lotta Love

Wild Thing

You Are My Sunshine

However, if we are referring to songs that use/sound like the exact same notes as "Express Yourself" then I guess that would require a fair bit more research.

Exactly. Your post proves lady gaag was just saying some random bulls**t about chord progression when we all know she ripped off Madonna (regardless of the fact Madonna ripped off the other group) :beatnik: