What If?

MuzikTyme

What if there was never a band called the Beatles?

If they were to suddenly appear for the first time in 2011 how would this generation accept them? But we can't truly know because the paradox of them never existing would put gigantic delete buttons on the majority of music that we know now.

I wonder what kind of music would have evolved from Elvis? That's pretty much all we had so far as controversial, electrifying performances.

Conclusion; what or where do you think music would be now if there was never the Beatles?

Rock music wouldn't be so wide spread. Bands wouldn't want to try new things as much as they do now. Music would have a lot less different genres.

I think that's a damned good description of what I'm looking for yet it lacks what I'm searching for.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think there'll ever be another group quite like the Beatles.

If I Fell

The idea of an album as a legitimate art form rather than a collection of singles surrounded by filler may not have happened. Americans in the 60's may not have noticed that England had a fantastic rock and pop scene. The guitar, bass, drums combo that has been the root of every rock band from then to now may have faded away like people predicted it would and popular music might be entirely different. These are all "may haves", not "would haves", but I think they are likely without The Beatles. You can argue about who the best band of all time is, but I don't think you can argue about who the most influential band of all time is.

That in fact could be arguable. The easiest part is the debate.

What I love most about music is no one other than the artist that performs it truly has a right to say.

From there, it's exactly what we're doing now;

Figuring out which song is best, least, most, vibrant and so on.

If not for Songfacts, I'd never have known that Elvin Bishop didn't sing vocals during

Fooled Around and Fell in Love