Pete Townshend Regrets Being In The Who

_Laurie_

Pete Townshend Regrets Joining the Who

Legendary guitarist Pete Townshend may have few regrets -- but joining the very band that made him famous in the first place ranks as one of them. According to NME, in a new collector's edition magazine from Uncut, entitled 'The Who: The Ultimate Music Guide,' Townshend comes clean about his true feelings about his membership in that band.

"What would I have done differently?" he asks. "I would never have joined a band. Even though I am quite a good gang member and a good trooper on the road, I am bad at creative collaboration."

We never would've guessed. Townshend goes on to explain that, given a second go of it, he would've pursued a solo career more along the lines of Brian Eno. He also attributes his well-publicized hearing loss and other health issues to being in the Who. Which leads us to ask -- blame the band... or blame the exploding drum kit?

Check out details about the magazine, which comes from the team behind Uncut, at the official website. Townshend, by the way, is still an active member of the Who, along with original vocalist Roger Daltrey.

:stars:

Only a member of a globally recognized super-group can say they regret being a member of a globally recognized super-group.

(What about the doors that can open for a person? The personal influence to try to improve the world?)

Yeah, he'd of probably done a whole lot better as a solo act .... such a better frontman than what's-his-name from the Who.

Noteriety; questionable

Townshend regreting the media statement is more than ridiculous.

It's a shame that Pete follows in the footsteps of the Who. It should be the opposite.

IMHO, if not for Townshend, "Who" wouldn't have existed as we know now.

Mr. Moon didn't (bless his great drummer soul)

Mr. Daltrey didn't, though (short and brief)

Mr. Entwistle either (great bassist that many have followed)

Where in the world do you think the "Who" would've gotten their gut-wrenching licks had not Townshend been at the helm?

Reminds me of the Simon and Garfunkle fiasco.

Hopefully, S2V, your question has been somewhat answered. Oh, BTW , 'member this ?