The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #254

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soulful Strut didn't make it in?! I'm really, really disappointed.

I kinda thought, while listening to them, that that might not have been the best stategy to nominate both the instrumental version and the lyric-added version in the same Ten. Perhaps that caused a vote split.

Ya never know.

There's an interesting story about it, that I would have liked to share.

You could add it to the Main site Pink or if you'd like, pt the info. to me and I'll send it to Carl. It might get added to the data base faster but then again, maybe not. I'm not sure how that works but I know it takes awhile to show up ;)

I'm pretty much convinced that it would have made it in if someone else nominated it.

That's pure paranoia, pinkstones. Just relax, that's a game, we're not voting for our fave songfactors but songs...

By the way, I forgot to vote for Loudon Wainwright... :P and I have no idea about who nominated it... apologies... too good he didn't need my vote... :cool:

1) The vote-splitting theory is a definite possibility.

Yes. I realised RonJon -this time I know who did it... ;) I looked it up... :grin: - nominated another song by Dave Edmunds, when I was voting.

I didn't like that song -though everybody knows I like RonJon a lot :) -so I didn't vote for it... but had it been another song, it would probably have changed my list.

No ps, that song has been nominated twice before, beginning in 2007 (!) in top ten #56. And we were as disappointed then as well. Once it only got 8 votes. :P

I absolutely loved this week. Some really good songs attached to really good memories. :thumbsup:

I think vote splitting is a possibility. I had the Swingout Sister version at #4 on my list that I posted, (that somehow didn't submit) :confused:. If it hadn't been nominated, I probably would've voted for the instrumental version, but much lower on the list.

sfc1a-1.png

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #254

1. Make It With You - Bread (1970)

2. Graceland - Paul Simon (1986)

3. Livin' On The Edge - Aerosmith (1993)

4. Watching The River Run - Loggins & Messina (1973)

5. Country Girl - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (1970)

6. Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright III (1972)

7. Girls Talk - Dave Edmunds (1979)

8. Mandolin Rain - Bruce Hornsby (1986)

9. I've Got A Feeling - The Beatles (1970)

10. Come On Baby Let's Go Downtown - Neil Young & Crazy Horse (1975 / recorded live 1970)

:headphones: