Songfacts Fantasy Baseball 2011

RockyRaccoon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how head to head works:

Each week one person's team will go against another person's team. We will have certain stats that we will be counting. As the week progresses, your players will accumulate stats. At the end of the week, you will be given a certain number of wins for each statistical category your team did better than your opponent's in, and a loss for each statistical category your team did worse than your opponent's in.

For example:

My team is playing against Kevin's team. Let's say for example the only stats we're counting are ERA, Home Runs, Hits and Strikeouts.

Now let's say at the end of the week, my team has more total HRs, hits and Strikeouts than Kevin's team. However Kevin's team has a better ERA. Therefore, my record for that week would be 3-1 (three wins, one loss) and Kevin's would be 1-3 (one win, three losses).

We'll be counting more than four stats, but that's just an example. I don't know if I did the best job explaining it, but I hope you understand it. It's really easy to catch on to.

The league is up!

It's time to begin SongFacts Fantasy Baseball 2011!

Go to sports.yahoo.com and join the league. League ID is 150427 and the password is 12345.

You may notice that things seem a bit different compared to the way we did fantasy last year. As in, each person has a bit larger teams and we're counting different stats.

It's not phenomenally different, but it's the way I run my other league and I think it works out pretty well. Take a look around and if anyone doesn't like something, just let me know and we'll see if maybe we can work it out.

I have one question about the stats categories you've chosen : Blown saves . My understanding of head to head would be that the player with the most in many categories would win that particular one -except for era , for ex.

I'm guessing that you would want the player with fewer blown saves to win the category , but are you certain that Yahoo! will count it that way ? If not , it could become an odd game in that we'd be trying to get crappy closers in order to have the most blown saves . There were a few other categories like that which I avoided choosing in the past in case it made for a game that rewarded poor play rather than success, like strikeouts ; I couldn't find any info to confirm whether the player with the most or the least would win that category , so I omitted having it . :D

I would play a points league if we decided to do it. Just fyi. Kevy, where are you? You could do a points league for us. I wouldn't have a clue myself.

Rocky can we narrow down the draft date a bit? Weekend as in Friday, or weekend as in Sunday? Saturday? :D I'm looking forward to trying out the positions you've set. This will be different for me.

Oh scratch that, I just remembered that you really can't. Can you let us know when you've set it as ready? Whatever it's called.

I don't believe we have an eighth yet. If we don't by the time of the draft, I'll just create one and manage it.

I will notify everyone here once I set the setting to ready. That should give everyone at least a day's notice. I will be doing that sometime Saturday evening.

SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS:

Some of the positions you may not be familiar with:

CI= Corner Infielder. This is anyone who plays 1B or 3B

MI= Middle Infielder. This is anyone who plays 2B or SS

If anyone has any other questions about the positions or stats or anything, just let me know.