Songfacts Fantasy Baseball 2011

RockyRaccoon

One suggestion about minimum innings pitched per week ,Rocky: if I read correctly ,you have them currently set at 7. That seems very low and not even a variable for players to have to consider in the game since one starting pitcher alone could often complete 7 himself.

We've used 19 innings before , and even that seemed rather low and never a problem for players to reach . With so many pitching positions to fill , why not raise it a bit ? Enough so that people need to keep it in mind and try to play regularly, but low enough that it isn't a burden , and everyone can reach it almost every week with an average rotation of SPs ( for those weeks where people are busy or off on a holiday, in an earthquake ;) , etc. ) and relievers.

Maybe just my thought though .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started up 'Songfact's VII 2011 Points' league ,too,if any are still interested in playing that as well . We'll see how many sign up by Sunday 12 midnight US EST before going ahead with it though . Not much point with less than 6 players ,I think . Draft will be shortly after that if we have enough interest .

Remember , you can use your draft pick order from head-to-head in this league as well, or make a new one , or leave it to fate as I usually do .

Custom League Name : Songfact's VII 2011 Points

Password : Carl

One suggestion about minimum innings pitched per week ,Rocky: if I read correctly ,you have them currently set at 7. That seems very low and not even a variable for players to have to consider in the game since one starting pitcher alone could often complete 7 himself.

We've used 19 innings before , and even that seemed rather low and never a problem for players to reach . With so many pitching positions to fill , why not raise it a bit ? Enough so that people need to keep it in mind and try to play regularly, but low enough that it isn't a burden , and everyone can reach it almost every week with an average rotation of SPs ( for those weeks where people are busy or off on a holiday, in an earthquake ;) , etc. ) and relievers.

Maybe just my thought though .

That's a good idea. However I can't seem to find where I can change that. Any idea?

No? Hmmm . Not by clicking either Edit League Settings or Edit Stat categories ? It's gotta be there somewhere . If it's not in Commish tools , maybe try anything pertaining to settings and take a look. It may even have a name you weren't looking for , so take a look at each pitching stat related item that may possibly be it .

Unfortunately, it's not a factor in the points league so I can't help you more specifically as it doesn't appear anywhere in those tools or settings .

Well , we have only 3 signed up for the points league so far , so I guess we'll suspend going forward with a draft for the time being . If we get some interest in the next couple days then we can proceed but, if not ,we'll just play the one league this season.

Since the points league is likely the most simple of all the leagues ,I don't think a last second draft would bother anyone if the situation permits . :)

Check out Kevin's outfield. Braun, Gonzalez and Kemp. Yeesh!!!

I quite like my pitching (even though it pales in comparison to RonJon's). I'm not wild about my middle infield, however. Utley is going to start the season on the disabled list. He may be out until the All Star break. And Gordon Beckham and Howie Kendrick don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of opponents.