Man Shot Dead For Chewing Too Loudly

Man shot dead in Latvian cinema for eating popcorn too loudly

Latest incidence of cinema rage occurred during a screening of Black Swan in Riga

A man has been shot dead at a cinema in Latvia after a fellow movie-goer objected to the volume at which he was eating his popcorn. The assailant, 27, reportedly had a brief argument with the man, aged 43, who was sitting next to him during a screening of Black Swan in the Forum cinema, one of the largest in the city of Riga.

When the credits rolled, the younger man pulled out a legally registered firearm and shot the other man dead. Other audience members then phoned for the police and an ambulance. The younger man – a graduate of the police academy who holds a doctorate in law from the University of Latvia – waited to be arrested.

The most recent incident of cinema rage in the UK was in 2009, when a teenager threw bleach over a woman who tried to quieten a group of youths during a screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in Leeds.

Source

I sometimes visualize myself doing the same thing when people do their annoying bad habits, but to actually perform the action instead of taking time out for a breather and then throw your whole life away is just moronic. There's a reason why I don't keep my gun loaded.

I recently had a woman with a really annoying habit sit next to me at a sold-out show (although it was no assigned seating, there was no chance of moving). I had chosen my seat and was already there when she plunked down right next to me and began humming tunelessly.

The show was a musical, so I hoped that once it began the music would drown her out. Nope. She got louder. It seemed to only happen when she exhaled, however, so as mad as I was and wanting to say something to her, I restrained myself thinking that maybe she had some medical condition where she couldn't breathe right unless the air went through her vocal chords or some lame nonsense.

So I just tried to ignore her as much as I could. And slowly burned into a cinder.

My daughter's dance academy had parents watch week, so I got to sit in on her ballet class. Well, there weren't many chairs so I was trapped next to a baby and a woman chewing gum like a cow. Yes, it was annoying, but would I shoot them? No, I had to grin and bear it, but if I could have moved, I would have.