The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Special ~ Guilty Pleasures

Lucky

Welcome to the...

sfc3.png

Top Ten Special ~ Guilty Pleasures

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate 2 songs that you consider to be a guilty pleasure. You know you've got a couple ... songs that your friends would laugh at, songs that you try never to admit that you like .... but you know you do. Now's the time, spill it! ;)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now!

:headphones:

Top Ten Playlist ~ Guilty Pleasures

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer: The phrase "guilty pleasure" means liking something that you should feel ashamed of. I will report that I am not ashamed of any of the music that I love, even conventionally cheesy music. I likes what I likes, yo. I chose these two songs because I figured they'd get the biggest groans out of you grumpy music snobs. Consider yourselves lucky I didn't bust out with some Biber.

:neener:

Like I Love You - Justin Timberlake (2002)

London Bridge - Fergie (2006)

I'm not nominating this song, but I do want to discuss one song, that I have problems with. It may not be considered a guilty pleasure anymore for, since the problems I have with it are just preventing me from nominating it, but the song ******* Wit Dre Day by Dr. Dre is a song that has a guilty pleasure history with me. Undoubtedly, the songs appeal has been the flow and sound. But the lyrics are too homophobic for me. Check it out:

Again, this is not a nomination.

I'm not nominating this song, but I do want to discuss one song, that I have problems with. It may not be considered a guilty pleasure anymore for, since the problems I have with it are just preventing me from nominating it, but the song ******* Wit Dre Day by Dr. Dre is a song that has a guilty pleasure history with me. Undoubtedly, the songs appeal has been the flow and sound. But the lyrics are too homophobic for me. Check it out:

Again, this is not a nomination.

Haha I love that song!

"If You Go Away" - Neil Diamond

"This Guy's In Love With You" - Herb Alpert

Not that guilty... Actually, I only nominate my pleasures -often guilty- ... :grin:

I was going to nominate "Fernando" but I see ABBA are already on the list... :) they have my vote!! :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: The phrase "guilty pleasure" means liking something that you should feel ashamed of. I will report that I am not ashamed of any of the music that I love, even conventionally cheesy music. I likes what I likes, yo. I chose these two songs because I figured they'd get the biggest groans out of you grumpy music snobs. Consider yourselves lucky I didn't bust out with some Biber.

Amen... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Good nom, Yellow :thumbsup: IMO too solid to be associated with any guilt. This is a great song, as verified by winning a TT spot many editions back. The pinnacle of bubblegum music evolution!

Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves (Must .. move .. some .. part .. of .. body .. upon hearing this song.)

Karma Chameleon - Culture Club (Hi, I'm Ron. I have an addiction to this harmonica.)

Good nom, Yellow IMO too solid to be associated with any guilt. This is a great song, as verified by winning a TT spot many editions back. The pinnacle of bubblegum music evolution!

You're absolutely right S2V. There's no reason to feel guilty about it.

It's a great song. I'm happy I could nominate it again. :D

Guilty pleasure to me doesn't necessarily mean that you should feel bad for liking it, rather that it's one of those songs that you like, but you can't explain why. Hair metal doesn't really tickle my fancy, but for some reason Here I Go Again and Heaven are two songs I can totally rock out to and not think twice.

Yes and Yes!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now, I have a question: the songs nominated are songs that didn't make the regular Top tens?

I see yellownow nominated 2 gems:

...but they already made the Top.

Now, if that doesn't matter in this Top, then no problemo... I will even vote for one of them... :grin:

When I try to view the Youtube playlist, the "Sign-In"-page appears. :confused:

Anybody else having that?

I will take a look at it and see what the problem is Snow. Lucky or one of the other mods will have to fix it tho. She will be here later I'm sure :D

Yep I left out that darn second step again. Thats what happens when I get rushed :P

Try this one:

Playlist

Also, there seems to be something else goofy with the playlist so if anyone tries to access it in the next few minuets it may be empty.

All fixed :D Even spelled it right this time ;)

Thanks YS, and Lea .... I've edited the corrected playlist link in.

Now, I have a question: the songs nominated are songs that didn't make the regular Top tens?

I see yellownow nominated 2 gems ...but they already made the Top.

Now, if that doesn't matter in this Top, then no problemo... I will even vote for one of them...

That's right edna, for this special, it doesn't matter whether they've already made the ten. Good thing, 'cause I will vote for one of them too. I was even going to nominate one of them. :D

These two songs are taken from a specific section of my guilty pleasures, known as the "rawr I'm so angsty and nobody understands me rawr" section.

I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance (2004)

The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson (1996)

I hate that I love these songs. Thus, guilty pleasures.

I love both of those songs. Especially MCR.

But I like everything so I guess there's no accounting for taste ;)

Good call on the noms :thumbsup: