The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #247 (New Artists Special)

Lucky

Welcome to the...

sfc3.png

#247 New Artists Special

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs by artists who have not previously made the top 10

... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists).

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now! :)

:headphones:

Playlist

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly what Lady Gaga does now is in the footsteps of Madonna but that isn't a bad thing. And it certainly doesn't discredit what Lady Gaga does now either.

Music wise Lady Gaga does bring in influences from the decade's last popular music genres and does it better than Madonna had tried to do in 2003. She certainly delivered a better rap breakdown on Poker Face than what Madonna did during the song "American Life".

Once upon a time, I made some critical remarks about somebody's nomination, which I subsequently regretted - felt a bit of an a-hole, actually. Who did I think I was, wading in thoughtlessly with my frankly unwelcome opinion? Was my opinion of the nominated artist so very important that I must vent it, regardless of the sensibilities of the nominator or anybody else who might have been tempted to vote for it? Might there not have been a more appropriate time or place to discuss my opinion of the artist in question? Confronted with the reality of my action and the vexation it had caused to an individual to whom I owed no ill-will whatsoever, I realised that critical observation of other people's nominations might better be saved until after voting is done and dusted. That's if it is necessary at all, which it often isn't, if truth be told.

Once I realised what a self-important, insensitive oaf I'd been, and learned from that chastening experience, I began to mend my ways in that regard, to the point where nowadays, I hardly ever offend anybody. :content: