American Idol Season 10

Tenacious_Peaches

Mannnnn I loved Paul's voice. Very indie-folkish.

Though his performance of "Old Time Rock N Roll" was really mediocre, he kicked ass on "Folsom Prison Blues". Or at least, I thought so.

I thought he did a great job on Folsom Prison Blues, loved that. And he was very indie-folkish, I liked his voice at first, much like I do Dylan, Leon, Willie, etc. His voice was like that. But he couldn't do straight up rock for some reason. I just didn't care for his personality or look at all. I wouldn't enjoy watching him live. His pointy weasely face was just too full of teeth, and he never stopped smiling. It got kind of creepy.

My prediction for the end: James, Scotty, Lauren. All 3 are good enough to win, and they represent 3 very different sets of fan bases capable of voting them in.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction for the end: James, Scotty, Lauren. All 3 are good enough to win, and they represent 3 very different sets of fan bases capable of voting them in.

I can't think immediately who Scotty is... I was thinking James, Lauren and Casey. But then, I haven't seem the last 2 weeks... I did not see Stefano nor Paul get the boot, but I'm glad to hear both did. Paul's voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Iggy Pop was on American Idol? Tell me I'm misinterpreting those posts. Please.

Yes, sadly.

And Lauren? Really? Ugh. I can't stand her. She's so generic.

Here's the way I see it. People like Stefon, Lauren, there are hundreds of thousands of people that can sing as well as them. It's not interesting to me to here them just sing. It's boring, it's been done half a million times before, and it will be done even more.

What I like is the artists, the people who take a song and make it their own. They're interesting to me. Last week, Lauren took "The Climb" and just sang it. Sang it like Miley Cyrus would've sang it (though Lauren has a much better voice) and that was it. Yet there are people on the show who take risks (i.e. Casey, James) and they make things interesting. That's what I watch for.

No you misunderstand me, I don't care for Lauren anymore than any other generic teen girl singer. But, she does have a good voice (better than Haley), and I think that generic teen girl thing with a good voice will carry her to the final 3, just because of that particular fan base. I pick Scotty (the very deep voiced country kid), for the country fans and mom's & grandma's because he'll appeal to them, and I pick James cause he appeals to the rest of us. As much as I enjoy all the performances, in the end it's not about who you like, but who gets the votes, and who can win.

• 2 weeks later...

James's was the performance of the night. Those duets were terrible, I don't know why they did them. Well yes I do, filler, but still. :P

I agree with you regarding The Voice as well. I flipped it on for the last part, and it was just that, mildly entertaining. We'll see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Really upset about James. :puppyeyes: My 2 favs were James and Lauren, but Lauren was the one I was worried about .. until she was the 1st announced as being in. Still cannot fathom how Haley is still kicking around; I thought she should have been out weeks ago. I respect Scotty's voice but I'm not a country music fan. I've loved Lauren since her duet with Steven Tyler in her audition & I'm all 4 Lauren now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...