American Idol Season 10

Tenacious_Peaches

I wasn't sure how this season would go with no Simon and new judges, but I've got to say that I enjoyed the first couple of episodes. I like that they aren't showing as many bad auditions. Either the bad people don't know they are bad and that's just kind of sad, or they are just attention whores who want to be on TV by any means necessary, which is also kind of sad. I can do without the sob stories but as long as they can sing, I will put up with them.

I wasn't sure how Steven and Jennifer were going to do but I was pleasantly surprised. They actually seemed to want to be there for the right reasons, as opposed to judges from the past. Jennifer wasn't as much of a bitch as I thought she'd be. Honestly, I don't know why I thought she would be a bitch. She's got a bit of a diva reputation so that must have clouded my perception of her. She could be a little tougher on those who don't have a chance but I think she'll settle into it. Steven is a crazy old loon but he seems to have a vague idea what he is talking about. I love that he is so into the process that he looks like he wants to jump up and start singing along with the people.

In short: So far, so good. :thumbsup:

*Gentle Words from Mama Peaches*

I understand that American Idol and shows of that nature are a polarizing topic. People generally love them or hate them. This particular thread is a safe haven for discussions amongst those who enjoy the show.

So if you don't like American Idol or the premise of the show, this thread might not be the place for you. Shoo! Scat! Get out!

Thank you and have a pleasant day. :grin:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I switched on AI just because there's nothing else on, and like a lot of people, probably, I was curious about the new peeps.

I truly like Jennifer. Surprise of the decade. I did not think I would like her at all. In her first two days, she's far and away better than Paula ever was the entire time she was there. It'll be interesting to see how she settles into the groove when it comes time to make the tough cuts.

I was pretty sure I was gonna like J Lo for this show...I wasn't sure about Steven, but I think he fits in pretty well...if he can control himself with flirtin with the pretty gals..LOL...I thought at first they let waaaaaaay too many through that really shouldn't have...but I guess those ones probably won't go any further if they truly are that bad...all in all I'm enjoying the show so far...

OH and THANK YOU PEACHY! for starting this thread..I just haven't gotten around to it..but I knew I would have good back up... :P

*Gentle Words from Mama Peaches*

I understand that American Idol and shows of that nature are a polarizing topic. People generally love them or hate them. This particular thread is a safe haven for discussions amongst those who enjoy the show.

So if you don't like American Idol or the premise of the show, this thread might not be the place for you. Shoo! Scat! Get out!

Thank you and have a pleasant day. :grin:

• 1 month later...

When they first announced Casey as the lowest vote getter, I too doubted that they would use the save, as did Casey himself. But Ryan's explanation about the rules explains why they used the save on Casey. By using the save this week, instead of going to 10, they were allowed to take all 11 remaining contestants, including Casey, on tour.