Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot

TheLizard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In writing "contributed to immensely" are you referring to the uptick in the number of death threats she and her family are experiencing, as a result of all the negative press she is receiving for having nothing to do with the Arizona shootings? Ever received a single death threat? Imagine it happening daily for you and every member of your family, for merely having the gall to voice an opinion of a political nature or being the son or daughter of one who has. If people really want to spread civility throughout the political landscape in America, it would behoove some bigger wigs than Tim (who is a Grand Poobah here) to apologize for their knee-jerk accusations as well. The very thought of Palin conspiring to covertly send death threats to another politician - after what she has seen and heard since being on the ticket with McCain - is ludicrous.

Yeah, how about no. Apparently you don't pay very close attention to the word salad that comes out of her mouth, or the mouths of people like Sharron Angle, either.

Here's a newsflash for you. I never said, nor do I think, she's personally responsible for what happened in Arizona. What I said was, she's responsible partly for the political rhetoric turning as violent as it has. That is not the same as saying she put a gun in Loughner's hands and told him to go shoot the pretty Congresswoman. Loughner's actions are his own, he must face the consequences by himself for what he did, in one way or another. That doesn't mean however, that people like Sarah Palin and Sharron Angle shouldn't be held accountable for turning the political debate in this country into the Shootout at the OK Corral. If you or I wouldn't get a pass for saying the same sh!t she has, then it's absurd to think she should receive one.

As for any death threats she has received, does she deserve them? No. Anyone who'd send her a death threat is as big of a moron as she is. And that's a pretty big moron. The kind of moron you could see from space.

What I'd really like to do is punch John McCain in balls for foisting this jackass on the rest of us. She should have kept her happy ass in Alaska where she wasn't a constant embarrassment to women and Republicans everywhere. She was just an embarrassment to Alaskans.

As much as I'd love to be diplomatic and tell you all to chill out and to each their own and we all have our opinions and are entitled to them and let's all just get along and talk about cupcakes I am afraid the truth is this:

One side is right and one side is wrong.

Keep arguing and may the side that's right win :thumbsup:

That's because it's not meant to be a cliche. Nobody cares about Belgium over here :beatnik:

okay, I can see that... but "they started a country and nobody came" makes it sound as if the colonisation went the opposite direction ;)

PS Radhi: I only let your comment slide because today is today ;)

Let's get back to Congresswoman Giffords, though. It seems that she is recovering faster than expected, and may go home soon.

I had to bite my lip to keep from crying when the president spoke about the ones killed, especially the 9 year old girl. I have a 7 year old and don't even want to imagine experiencing a senseless loss like that, much less seeing the waste of skin that killed her on TV every night. My heart really goes out to her parents.