Need Help Finding a Song (70's and 80's)

Welchlin

I heard a song on my classic rock station the other day. I'm pretty sure they said it's called "I'm alright" or "It's alright" but due to how many songs there are with those words or that name i'm having trouble finding it.

The song is about a guy liking a girl and the girl doesn't like him and never will. But, he (the singer) is alright with it.

If you can tell me the name and artist that would be amazing. Thanks

was it a slow tempo song or more upbeat?

First one that came to my mind was Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party," for the line "But it's all right, I've learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself." But that's got nothing to do with a relationship with the opposite sex.

How about this one?

I'll Be Alright Without You ~ Journey

I'll Be Alright Without You lyrics

I've been thinkin' bout the times

You walked out me

Thre were moments I'd believe, you were there

Do I miss you or am i lying to myself again?

I do these things (it's all because of you)

I keep holdin' on but I'll try (try not to think of you)

Love don't leave me lonely

I'll be alright without you

There'll be someone else - I keep tellin' myself

Oh, loves an empty face - I can't replace (you don't need it)

People wonderin' why we broke apart

The great pretender here I go again

These things I do (it's all because of you)

[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/j/journey-lyrics/i_ll-be-alright-without-you-lyrics.html ]

I'll keep holdin' on but I'll try (try not to think of you)

All I wanted was to hold you

Oh, loves an empty face - I can't replace

Oh, loves an empty place - I can still se your face

(I'll be alright)

[smaller]Things I didn't know[/smaller]

[smaller] . . from wikipedia:[/smaller]

"J.J. Jackson ... had his own 1966 hit with But It's Alright, which he wrote with Pierre Tubbs. The song reached #22 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. Three years later, in 1969, the song unexpectedly rose back to life and reached #45. The single was recorded in the United Kingdom, featuring some of Britain's top jazz musicians of the day, including Terry Smith on guitar, Dick Morrissey on tenor sax and John Marshall on drums, and who would later make up his backing band for the following two albums."

• 7 years later...
On 1/6/2011 at 6:55 PM, Welchlin said:

I heard a song on my classic rock station the other day. I'm pretty sure they said it's called "I'm alright" or "It's alright" but due to how many songs there are with those words or that name i'm having trouble finding it.

The song is about a guy liking a girl and the girl doesn't like him and never will. But, he (the singer) is alright with it.

If you can tell me the name and artist that would be amazing. Thanks

Try "Love Will Find A Way" by Pablo Cruise, circa 1978

• 7 months later...

Hello. I am going insane trying to find an “It’s Alright” song. A male soloist sings a repeating descending melodic line in the chorus. His voice is falsetto. The phrase ends with the tag “it’s alright.”  Help me.

Hello. I am going insane trying to find an “It’s Alright” song. A male soloist sings a repeating descending melodic line in the chorus. His voice is falsetto. The phrase ends with the tag “it’s alright.”  Help me.