1970s

goldfinger

It was all G and G was nt it ?

Glam and Glitter....

Bowie, Bolan and Gary !

Accross the North Sea, those cool Swedes meanwhile .... whilst wearing all the glam and glitter costumes...(inspired by Gary Glitter ) were putting down some classic pop songs and really it became their decade like the 60s decade belonged to the Beatles.

But it was Bowie's hottest decade too... maybe Bowie was the real spirit of the time with his cross dressing and his ac/dc lifestyle.

That's right Shawna, it wasn't all glitter & glam. Add in the country rock sound, that began in the late 60's with The Byrds & Flying Burrito Brothers. The Eagles, Poco, America, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, The Dead, Pure Prarie League, The Doobie Brothers, etc

let's not forget that southern influenced explosion: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Outlaws, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker, and Bob Seger manages to get thrown in the mix, even though he's from Detroit.

Absolutelly.

And Bob Seger was one of the men of the decade...

And the best Soul music. Progressing the Motown sound to another level, we had EW&F, Chaka Khan, Curtis Mayfield and Stevie Wonder doing some of their greatest work. The kind of stuff that hasn't been duplicated, and is only occasionally improved on, since.

WASNT the 1970s also the big DISCO decade ? and wild, over the top costume.

Lots of acts on German TV from America Barry White, the Jacksons, Sister Sledge, Boney M

(It was almost as if Motown had morphed into Discotown....)

Claude Francois.. the King of French disco

( come to think of it was n't Disco invented in France ? )

And in the middle of all this the falsetto voices of the Bee Gees singing Night Fever !

There were some big hits back then, you never know, 70s disco might ... like Abba music, come back into fashion !

WASNT the 1970s also the big DISCO decade ? and wild, over the top costume.

Lots of acts on German TV from America Barry White, the Jacksons, Sister Sledge, Boney M

(It was almost as if Motown had morphed into Discotown....)

Claude Francois.. the King of French disco

( come to think of it was n't Disco invented in France ? )

Bee Gees Abba

70s was disco and glam... :cool: among rock, psychedelia, folk , rock and other styles...

Clo-Clo disco king in France? I don't know... I don't think so, he was rather pop or chanson... Laurent Voulzy peut-être?

Claude François wrote "My way" ("Comme D'Habitude" ) and Paul Anka wrote the English lyrivs, Frank Sinatra recorded it... and the rest is history... ;)

Abba and Bee gees... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Well, I love the Bee Gees since I was a child in the sixties... :)

aGAIN... that hot French scene never got over to England Ive only seen a few clips of Clau Clau .. blonde hair... dancing on stage with some very hot women.

He must have been a massive star in France .. to think he wrote the melody for My Way too !

I dont think he ever tried to get onto English TV in the way that Sacha did.

Why did n't he translate Comme D'Habitude and have a massive hit in England and the USA ?

Just that one song shows what a talent he was.

(Did nt he die by standing in the bath and trying to change a light bulb ?

He must have been drunk that night.. wot a way to go !!!)

I read that Yamaha made 3 very special

synths for experimental purposes

called the GX-1 synth.

There were only 3 in the world.. Yamaha kept 2

and Benny of Abba bought the other.

That was back in 1975 and that machine became a big part of the bright .. Abba sound...

The 80s were full of "Synth " bands .. Aha , Human League etc

Maybe we could call Abba a "70s synth " band ?

(Did nt he die by standing in the bath and trying to change a light bulb ?

He must have been drunk that night.. wot a way to go !!!)

Clo-Clo was indeed a megastar in france... "un minet", the cute blond guy... with les Claudettes, he he he :cool:

Yes, he tried to replace a light bulb while he was in the bathtube... stupid thing, huh? :P

His "Comme D'Habitude" is a sad and depressive song, just the opposite of what Anka/Sinatra did with "My Way"...