really slow boards

Viaene

Hi

I don't know if it I'm the only one having this, but SF has become really slow in loading the main forum page since the new update a few weeks ago.

All the other websites load very quick though..

Any other Europeans (or other continents) experience this?

• 2 months later...

I've never had any issues browsing this site re: speed factors, and I'm using the current version of Firefox. So I don't think it's the site that's the problem, or else everyone who tried to access it would be experiencing the same issues.

That must be a bunch of fishies being bored and reporting some non-existant issue just for fun... :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Sf keeps crashing on me and has been for a few days now. Anyone else having this problem.

Getting this message constantly....

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forum.songfacts.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at forum.songfacts.com Port 80

and

need mysql or mysqli php module to connect to database!

*sigh*

It's not you Lea, it's us, but I'm hoping it's fixed now.

We got a little overloaded on Thursday, and after a reboot, we looked under the hood and decided it was time to run a bunch of upgrades. These can get tricky, as I'm sure many of you have had something no longer work after an upgrade.

Anyway, we spent today doing the work, so there were a bunch of burps for folks using the site. If all went well, we should be like Daft Punk: better, faster, stronger.

If you guys notice anything choppy around Songfacts - on the main site, the mobile site, the boards, the calendar, etc., please post here so we can check it out. :)

I'm hoping this at least improves our speed issues with the forums - if it doesn't we'll keep digging.

I clicked on the calendar link in your post above, Carl.

I forgot about that. I like it.

I noticed you have to click on the "more events from today" link in the Music History event of the day box on the right side of the main page to access it.

I'd like to suggest a "Music History Calendar" link in the link list on the left side of the page, also.

• 3 months later...