The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #244

Lucky

1. Do Me a Favour - Arctic Monkeys (2007)

2. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk (2001)

3. Die Banane - Die Ärzte (1995)

4. Don't Worry About The Government - Talking Heads (1977)

5. Sun Smells Too Loud, The - Mogwai (2008)

6. Na Na Na Na Naa - Kaiser Chiefs (2005)

7. London Blues - Canned Heat (1970)

8. Thought @ Work - The Roots (2002)

9. Something About You - The Shamen (1987)

10.Winchester Cathedral - The New Vaudeville Band (1966)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Reward - The Teardrop Explodes (1980)

2) Something About You - The Shamen (1987)

3) Don't Worry About The Government - Talking Heads (1977)

4) Sun Smells Too Loud, The - Mogwai (2008)

5) Na Na Na Na Naa - Kaiser Chiefs (2005)

6) Rehab - Amy Winehouse (2006)

7) Do Me a Favour - Arctic Monkeys (2007)

8) Bonnie & Clyde - Serger Gainsbourg & Brigitte Bardot (1968)

9) Die Banane - Die Ärzte (1995)

10) Somebody Else's Body - Urge Overkill (1995)

1. Rehab - Amy Winehouse

2. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk

3. The House is Rockin' - Stevie Ray Vaughan

4. The FLame - Cheap Trick

5. Na Na Na Na Naa - Kaiser Chiefs

6. Before You Accuse Me - Eric Clapton

7. The Sun Smells Too Loud - Mogwai

8. Do Me A Favour - Arctic Monkeys

9. The Finer Things - Steve Winwood

10. Wah Wah - George Harrison

1. Rehab - Amy Winehouse (2006)

2. Wah Wah - George Harrison (1970)

3. Bonnie & Clyde - Serger Gainsbourg & Brigitte Bardot (1968)

4. Sun Smells Too Loud, The - Mogwai (2008)

5. Lady Grinning Soul - David Bowie (1973)

6. Blanket - Jeff Beck feat. Imogen Heap (2008)

7. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk (2001)

8. Flame, The - Cheap Trick (1988)

9. Die Banane - Die Ärzte (1995)

10. Finer Things, The - Steve Winwood (1987)

sfc1a-1.png

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #244

1. House Is Rockin, The - Stevie Ray Vaughan (1989)

2. Rehab - Amy Winehouse (2006)

3. All The Girls Love Alice - Elton John (1973)

4. Bring It On Home - Led Zeppelin (1969)

5. Wah Wah - George Harrison (1970)

6. One Of These Days - Pink Floyd (1971)

7. Before You Accuse Me - Eric Clapton (1989)

8. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk (2001)

9. Lovely Rita - The Beatles (1967)

10. Sun Smells Too Loud, The - Mogwai (2008)

:headphones:

The House Is Rockin' was supposed to be one of my nominations for next week. I had selected it about 3 weeks ago, along with Dixie Fried by George Thorogood, so you can imagine my slight dismay when it got nominated this week. I had to hurry up and change my noms for next week, since I pair them up and taking one out meant having to remove the other.

That said, I'm glad to see it made #1. If I had been able to nominate it next week, that's exactly where I would have wanted it go, so I've got no complaints with that.

No need to be confused.

I plan out my nominations sometimes months in advance; for example I've got my nominations for the next 6 weeks all set, and if there's a Special thrown in, I can just move them all back a week. So I had that song lined up for next week since the first week of December. Maybe dismayed wasn't the right word, but it kinda stung a little to see a song I was planning on nominating next week get nominated by someone else this week since I put so much thought into what songs I nominate from week to week. It was bound to happen sometime, though.

It's hardly a big deal though, I just thought it was interesting/amusing in a way. It probably would have gone to #1 next week anyway, so it still would have made it, as it should since it's a great song.

Yeah see, I can't do that. I have to think about what songs I'm nominating, like if I've nominated either artist recently (I don't like to nominate an artist too frequently in a short span of time), if another Songfactor has nominated that artist or even that song recently....stuff like that.

I'm too analytical to just wing it. :laughing:

Nice Top, I like some 4 or 5 songs :thumbsup:

Yet I can't understand how comes Moonchild or Lady grinning Soul didn't make it...

No need to be confused.

I plan out my nominations sometimes months in advance; for example I've got my nominations for the next 6 weeks all set, and if there's a Special thrown in, I can just move them all back a week. So I had that song lined up for next week since the first week of December. Maybe dismayed wasn't the right word, but it kinda stung a little to see a song I was planning on nominating next week get nominated by someone else this week since I put so much thought into what songs I nominate from week to week. It was bound to happen sometime, though.

It's hardly a big deal though, I just thought it was interesting/amusing in a way. It probably would have gone to #1 next week anyway, so it still would have made it, as it should since it's a great song.

Pinkstones, you sound so complicated to me... :P:P

We don't get a check for getting our noms in the Top... and it happens very often to see a song making the Top when it's been nominated many times before by other songfactors... this is a game...

I nominated "Wah Wah" once or twice before, I think (it's been years of nominations so I might be wrong, but anyways...) and when it makes it I'm glad because a great song made the Top. I didn't write it, I won't get copyrights either... :cool:

The House is Rockin' has been nominated four times in the course of the Top Ten. It took that many times to come back and make #1. Since it's one of my favorite songs, woohoo! Congrats to Laurie for finally getting it in.

The rest of the ten ain't bad either. Nicely rounded. ;)

I think I also nominated The House is Rockin' at least once myself. I'm a huge SRV fan. Most of the songs I've gotten into the top ten were probably nominated at least once by someone else through the years ;)

I do like this list ok, not my favorite but how I vote depends on my mood ;)

No insult intended to anyone and this isn't a whine just an observation. It kind of surprises me that Bad Company seldom does well in the tens. The same can be said for Foreigner, Asia, and Styx. They never lose by a lot of votes but they never quite seem to make it. I wonder how many times we've nominated Foreigner over the years and we only have four songs by them on the list.

It's kinda strange. We like them, but they never seem to get that extra point or two to get a win. I think there are several groups in this same category :crazy:

No insult intended to anyone and this isn't a whine just an observation. It kind of surprises me that Bad Company seldom does well in the tens. The same can be said for Foreigner, Asia, and Styx. They never lose by a lot of votes but they never quite seem to make it. I wonder how many times we've nominated Foreigner over the years and we only have four songs by them on the list.

Except for Styx, I do not like those bands. So, you know, there's that. :P

Really? Coming from you this kinda surprises me. I don't know why for sure but it does. Read the lyrics maybe without the tune?

"Here is a man asking the question

Is this really the end of the world?

Seagull, you must have known for a long time

The shape of things to come.

Now you fly, through the sky, never asking why,

And you fly all around 'til somebody, Shoots you down."

But then, if you don't like the lyrics either tis' ok ;)

When you think about it, this song came out in 1974. I was 18. It seem like they relate to the times we're living now, but said in a much softer way then how they would be used these days if ya know what I mean ;)

Lol I should have known that Tim. This makes complete sense to me in a lot of ways. But, because your also an awesome poet IMHO and should write more, it kinda doesn't make sense to me either.

You so remind me of my brother. I hooked him up with Fleet Foxes and he told me they were little more then clones of CSN&Y :( I won't even go into his opinion of The Decemberists :( Leave it say, I no longer give a rip for his opinions :laughing:

He's another poet, artist ect. that keeps his talents to his self :/

I. LOVE. STYX.

They were the first band I ever got into. They are the reason I started listening to classic rock. I came across "Mr. Roboto" one day and really like the song, I then asked my friend who showed it to me who did the song, he told me Styx. So the next day I went to Best Buy and bought their greatest hits and loved it. Then I began to search for more and more music. And now I'm here.

Sure, they're about the gayest straight band around (I saw them in concert, I know, James Young kissed a guy's cheek. In fact, Chuck Panozzo was there and HE wasn't the gayest looking guy there, and he's actually gay). BUT I think they're a great band. Not many guitar solos get me going like the solo to "Renegade".