The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten: Special Edition

Lucky

sfc1a-1.png

The Top Ten Songs of 2010[/big]

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two of your favorite songs from 2010.

* Remember, these special editions are not subject to the every song list .... nominate whichever songs you wish.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For this week.

Nominate Now! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

** Remember this week we are celebrating the songs of 2010 (no 1974, no 1999, not even 2007 .... 2010) **

Playlist

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since Lea doesn't want to:

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) ~ Arcade Fire (2010) (youtube)

They heard me singing and they told me to stop,

Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock.

Sometimes I wonder if the world's so small,

Can we ever get away from the sprawl?

Living in the sprawl,

Dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains,

And there's no end in sight,

I need the darkness someone please cut the lights.

Paradise Circus ~ Massive Attack (2010) (youtube)

It's unfortunate that when we feel a storm

we can roll ourselves over when we're uncomfortable

oh well the devil makes us sin

but we like it when we're spinning in his grip.

since Lea doesn't want to:

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) ~ Arcade Fire (2010) (youtube)

It wasn't that at all really ;) It was just my little way of cheating. I knew that you'd nominate it :laughing:

I wasn't so sure about you nominating Broken Bells but I was pretty sure you'd go with Arcade Fire and that song. You are the one that got Broken Bells into the TT and brought them to our attention but I couldn't be sure you'd nominate them for this ten. Arcade Fire on the other hand, I figured had a 99% chance of getting your nom :D

"By The Sword" - Slash (2010)

"What's In It For Me?" - Hoodoo Gurus (2010)

EDIT: Changed my second nomination. Ron beat me to it.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

"By The Sword" - Slash

I can only find one video for the Hoodoo Gurus - What's In It for Me? - Caloundra, Australia 2009

Not a good video either and the year is off :crazy: I'll check the year and add the video unless we can find a better one someplace other then YT.

"By The Sword" - Slash

I can only find one video for the Hoodoo Gurus - What's In It for Me? - Caloundra, Australia 2009

Not a good video either and the year is off :crazy: I'll check the year and add the video unless we can find a better one someplace other then YT.

The year is ok as far as I can tell. The songs on the album were released in both 2009 and 2010.

Wiki:

Their first single from the album, "Crackin' Up" was released three months earlier in December 2009. A second single, "I Hope You're Happy" appeared in March 2010 with the third single, "What's in It for Me?" issued subsequently.

"What's In It For Me?" - Hoodoo Gurus

Kind of a catchy tune :D