New Years Resolutions 2011

MindCrime

cover-snap-new-years_article.jpg

Do you have any resolutions for the upcoming year? Do you usually keep up on them each year, or do you not believe in using New Years to start goals, but set them any time of the year regardless?

My resolution is to not let work and family interfere with my time on Songfacts and Facebook :smirk:

Actually, it's to start my own business this year.

I'm too impatient. I'd rather do things right now or as soon as possible for fear I will regret it later. However, I already have two things in the works: to receive my Certificate in ______ ______ from the uni extension course and to complete another class at the community college; I plan on acing all three classes just for kicks :beatnik:

My other resolution is to do something about moving the funds from my traditional IRA to a ROTH IRA without having to incur too many-a-tax burden. I'll probably have to set aside even more pay deductions into the deferred comp thingy to offset the IRA conversion. I'm gonna haemorrhage money either way which totally blows...

My final resolution is two top out at my pay scale. This shouldn't be difficult :beatnik:

I don't believe in New Years Resolutions, I think if there's something I want to achieve, I just do it or set out to do it, regardless of if it's January 1st or July 1st. I think people put too much pressure on themselves to make out these unwieldy lists of unattainable goals and then kick themselves when they've broken all but one by Valentines Day. It's mental abuse.