Betcha Didn't Know...

Carl

Loving this thread! ;):D:) :cool:

Meat Loaf's debut album was issued on a subsidiary label of Motown...

They had to cut and edit the album ("Bat Out of Hell") but still had too much but didn't want to lose any more. To compromise, they sped up the master tapes. Even Meat Loaf has said himself that in the song "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," he sounded like Mickey Mouse.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In 1968, while appearing at the Valley Forge Music Fair (Circus) just outside of Philly, David Ruffin of The Temptations demanded that the group change its name to David Ruffin and The Temptations (just as Diana Ross had done with The Supremes). The group said, "How 'bout just David Ruffin?" And with that they fired him. My friend Harvey Holiday (DJ-WOGL) emceed the show that night.

• 4 weeks later...

"London Calling" was part of a catch phrase ("Good morning America, this is the London Calling!") of a BBC show during World War II, of which the The Clash's guitarists Joe Strummer was a fan.

Two songs were recorded by the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Elvis: "That's Alright, Mama" and "Yesterday".

"London Calling" was part of a catch phrase ("Good morning America, this is the London Calling!") of a BBC show during World War II, of which the The Clash's guitarists Joe Strummer was a fan.

Joe Strummer was born in 1952... WWII ended in 1945...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not as bad as Molly Ringwald turning down the lead role in Pretty Woman, but Tom Jones says he was offered "The Long And Winding Road":

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/06/03/sir-tom-jones-reveals-the-beatles-hit-that-was-written-for-him-91466-31099743/

• 3 weeks later...

The line “What if I take my problem to the United Nations?†in PJ Harvey's 'Words That Maketh Murder' was inspired by Eddie Cochran's Summertime Blues.

( and maybe I would have known that myself for sure earlier if I'd actually bought the album (instead of streaming it all the time) and read the album liner notes ;) )

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...