Pat Paulsen

Shawna

Years and years ago - probably before many of you SFers were even born - a comedian by the name of Pat Paulsen recited Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff" in droll perfection. I can't remember what show it was on, I can't remember anything about it, except that he recited it like it was a serious speech, and I think he was standing behind a pulpit on a stage.

Best friend for the day to the first person who can find me a clip of that! :grin:

Pleaseandthankyou....

Years and years ago - probably before many of you SFers were even born - a comedian by the name of Pat Paulsen recited Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff" in droll perfection.

AHEM. I was four years old when that song came out :mad: :D

This is what youtube turned up when I searched Pat Paulsen Hot Stuff, which seemed very very wrong to have to type. There were no results for that specific search, but if you remembered where you saw it, you might have better luck. The song came out in 1979, so it would have to have been that year or possibly 1980.

Pat Paulsen Hot Stuff, which seemed very very wrong to have to type.

:laughing: :laughing:

I typed that, too, SBS, and I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for the info and for checking on it (and for the validation!). :grin: By the way, Shannon, did you watch any of those videos that came up? I don't know if you're familiar with Pat Paulsen, but he might be up your sense-of-humor alley.

Thanks Bluesy! I searched youtube for Smothers Brothers stuff, but didn't come up with anything more recently labeled than the late '60s shows. I guess it's a matter of making time to watch the clips to see if the non-labeled ones might have it.

I can think of worse ways to spend my time than watching Smothers Brothers, though. ;)

I remember that little speech and I think it was on the Smothers Brothers show too. I checked around a bit last night but couldn't find it either. It wasn't on YouTube that I could find.

It might be as elusive as that poem I'm trying to find and I've been looking for it forever :crazy: