Roxy Music Album

Aunt_Acid

I don't know much about Roxy Music, but I was looking at the catalog sort of thing in one of my Yes albums, and I saw an ad for an album by Roxy Music. On the cover there is what appears to be two semi-naked women. Upon closer inspection, however, one notices that the women have very masculine faces. Tell me, are these just manly looking women, or are they male transvestites?

I originally had that album cover in my one list Get A Good Look? (album covers) - A list by BeatleAnt but changed my mind after close inspection (of what you mentioned).

I just happened to look at it again and must say I think we're both wrong. The one with the manly face doesn't have a protruding adam's apple and upon further inspection, she has nice curves ::

The girl on the right definitely gets a lot of flack for the way she looks - the make up of that time is of the kind that streetwalkers and transvestites wear. The one on the left looks good, though. I dunno. I'll have to go and look at the cover up close.

An early Fleetwood Mac album, "English Rose", long before they went MOR.

English Rose (<) is great late 60s blues-based Fleetwood Mac -- totally different from the later Nicks/Buckingham-driven "pop" style. This album features Peter Green's original Black Magic Woman (Santana's US hit version is a cover).

So I don't take this "She-Male" thread off course:

I know what I am

and I said I'm a man

And so is Lola ~ The Kinks