Upgrade on Tuesday

Carl

Shawna seems to be the only one who gets her questions answered, so Shawna, could you please ask for me :

I noticed in an individual forum page (ex-Random Thoughts) when you click on a thread title or page number, it automatically goes to the reply screen instead of the last post in the thread.

What about the user page/blog? I don't think anyone has asked about that. You can adjust the blog settings, but will there be a place to actually blog?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Sky. Let's see if we can get this:

I noticed in an individual forum page (ex-Random Thoughts) when you click on a thread title or page number, it automatically goes to the reply screen instead of the last post in the thread.

I haven't noticed this, but will poke around and see what Couch thinks.

As for the blog, I think that lets users set up individual blogs, kind of like those MySpace journals. I don't think it will come in handy for us, but we can certainly check it out once we clear all the bugs.

Blues, let me have another go at those settings - that's what I was trying to get (age under avatar, birthday in profile).

Got it. Should be better now.

Blues, Couch tells me that the age is determined by the birthday, so without displaying the birthday, we can't display the age. He might break out the age in v3.2

Sky, here's what he says about what thread comes up:

it will take you to the first new post in that thread so if you haven't read for instance that last 3 replies it will take you to the first reply that you have not read.. not to the last post.. the other option is to take you to the first post in the topic.. Its user selectable under their My Fusion -> Control Panel -> Display Settings -> Auto Jump to New Posts

Carl, that's not what I said. It takes me to the REPLY box, not a post at all. I have the suto jump box checked. BTW-it's sky, no capital s. After six years here you should know I do not capitalize my screen names ;)

same here... the part about the reply box, I mean. I'll take sky's capital S. :grin:

That doesn't happen to me, I still go directly to the last post (that I've read).

What does happen however is that after I click anywhere, I momentarily get a blank, white screen. Then it settles down and goes where it's supposed to. It doesn't really bother me, but it is unusual.

sky or Shawna -

Is there a specific link to a topic that does this (takes you directly to the reply box)? We're trying to replicate but struggling.

Here's the short list I've gathered just this morning:

in F&G:

New Top Ten List Game

Name a Song

Word Association III

in Random Thoughts:

Announcements

Jokes Thread Revisited

Random Video Posts

What Sweetens Your Coffee Today II

Cool Links and Sites II

In Music Discussion:

What Song Are You Listening to Right Now?

Those were the only threads with new posts in them, but as the day goes on and new posts are made elsewhere, I'll find 'em. :)

I just had something similar happen, Carl, but not with a reply box.

Before logging in on the site, I decided to read a few posts first.

Everything was ok until I clicked on a subforum.

When I clicked on all the subforum links directly from the Forum Index, I was taken to the Login page instead of to the subforum.

The only way I was able to access each subforum was to open up the main forum, then click on the subforum link from within.

After I logged in, all clicks were ok. I was then able to access the subforums by clicking on the sub links directly from the Forum Index.