Upgrade on Tuesday

Carl

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a glitch where some threads are showing that they were started by "Songfacts Administrator"

Also why are the posts so long now? There seems to be a significant amount of space from the signature to the bottom of each post.

Edited by Guest

OK, Had a go at the settings and made some tweaks:

- Should be able to use markup on PTs now.

- Registered users don't have to mark their posts if they edit them.

- Location and date registered appear on posts, still need to find out how to display age.

Need to look into the space between posts and sigs.

Sky, can you explain what you mean by this:

I really don't like the idea of log-ins being shown on user profiles

Please keep up the feedback - these things are highly customizable so we can tweak away.

One new feature I need to set up is the gallery, which means we can upload images to the boards, but I want to sort out the assorted issues first.

Sky, can you explain what you mean by this:

When you clicked on a user name, the standard profile showed up: user name, age, location, etc. There was a line showing each user's personal log-in but the line is gone now.

However, when you view a user profile, at the top where it says Start Private Topic, Find Posts By User, etc., there is an option to click Security Q/A.

okay, I had to change to Cobalt so now I can see the page I'm in.

Hey, Cobalt rules... :thumbsup:

After over six years of default skin I'm afraid I'll have to get used to this new one :laughing:

Yes, I fear changes... :cool:

So, the lightbox is the way to post pictures without uploading them into rapidshare or photobucket or so? Enlighten me, please...

6a010534da2fec970c010535bb22a2970c-800wi

So, the lightbox is the way to post pictures without uploading them into rapidshare or photobucket or so? Enlighten me, please...

6a010534da2fec970c010535bb22a2970c-800wi

No, that has nothing to do with that... the difference to the [ img] tags are only (I think) that it not only shows the image, but also puts a clickable link to it

Also why are the posts so long now? There seems to be a significant amount of space from the signature to the bottom of each post.

I noticed that too, there's a significant amount of white space between the post / signature and the bottom line of the post - but only for short ones... I guess that's basically a minimum height of posts?

OK, image hosting on the boards. This falls under "File Attachments," which you'll see on the left when you post toward the bottom under "Recent Polls." Click "Manage Files" and you should be able to upload a picture (nothing too big) and control what size it will display. You don't need to host your photos elsewhere anymore thanks to cheap disc space. I'm going to try a thumbnail here and see what happens.

As Farin points out, the lightbox is a different feature that gives us a good way of displaying a series of images. I'll try to find a good example of another Fusion site using this.

Still looking into the white space and other issues.

Looks like we're a little buggy on the image display. In the manage files dialog, there are options for how it displays the image, and the "LB" puts the image in the Lightbox, which seems to be the best option. This lets you create a thumbnail image in the post that then opens in the lightbox when you click it.

:D I think Margo's (is it?) expression speaks for us all .... we'll get it after some trial & error.

The image/lightbox thingy in the above post is cool cool cool, I like it. Youtube link/embed also cool.

Hey, Cobalt rules... :thumbsup:

I've used cobalt for the past several years. It's least distracting I think, and the contrast for pictures etc is much nicer against the lighter background.

I do notice there is no link to click for the various subforums (the Top Ten etc). No big deal if that can't be changed, but it was nice when the option was there.

thumb_1290869944-margo6.jpg

This baby needs a beard. ;)

I noticed in an individual forum page (ex-Random Thoughts) when you click on a thread title or page number, it automatically goes to the reply screen instead of the last post in the thread. And smileys are all in one long line along the top of the page and aren't working (at least for me).

Could some one explain what Use Markup means?