Top Ten SNL Cast Members

Steel2Velvet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing: Great minds chickie! ... Kevin Nealon was a consideration of mine as well. :D Personally, I think Mr Bill should count. He appeared on several seasons, and he's got more staying power than some cast members ... American Express featured him in all those commercials last year. ;)

Shawanda - I would say that Mr. Bill has probably not earned much recognition as an SNL cast member; moreover as a featured animation, like the super homos heroes feature (neither of which would I call a cast member of SNL.) But if you have admired the flexibility of Bill's career over time and you are of that mold, put him in the noms list. But keep in mind, there are still lots of quality flesh and blood people that have not been nominated. :cool:

Steve Martin was never a cast member and hence cannot be nominated

I would say that Mr. Bill has probably not earned much recognition as an SNL cast member; moreover as a featured animation...But if you have admired the flexibility of Bill's career over time and you are of that mold, put him in the noms list.

:confused:

Which is it?

Are non-cast members included or not?

I would call Mr. Bill a cast member. However, Bill was smart. He stuck with the show. He didn't quit to go make a series of horrible Hollywood movies.

Did anyone nominate Adam Sandler yet? Although, he is the exception to the rule; he's MUCH funnier as a movie star than on SNL.

Two more of my favorites: Norm MacDonald and Darrell Hammond.

turdferguson.png

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon:

I would call Mr. Bill a cast member.

I wouldn't. I don't remember him being introduced in the beginning of the show as a cast member along with the others and he's not a real actor portraying a character on the show.

He's an animated character.

If we were nominating actual characters from the show and not the actors, then I think he should count as one.

I guess if S2V wants to include him, then that's his decision, since he created the thread.

I was just looking for clarification of the conflicting posts.

But I would vote no, if asked.

I wouldn't. I don't remember him being introduced in the beginning of the show as a cast member along with the others and he's not a real actor portraying a character on the show.

He's an animated character.

If we were nominating actual characters from the show and not the actors, then I think he should count as one.

I guess if S2V wants to include him, then that's his decision, since he created the thread.

I was just looking for clarification of the conflicting posts.

But I would vote no, if asked.

Just for the record.....I was only joking about Mr. Bill. I wouldn't call Charles Rocket a cast member either.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: