The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #239

Lucky

Hi Martin. :)

OK, that's recognisable. But I'd see that as a Movie Hit, part of a score, rather than "an instrumental".

We've also had some YouTube composite instrumental medleys that weren't released on record/CD as such. Lucky knew but used her good judgement to allow them, rather than cause any fuss.

Anyway, whatever Lucky and The Team come up with is fine by me.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the instrumentals have to be written within the past 50 years?

No. You want to nominate Beethoven, nominate Beethoven.

We aren't going to put restrictions on the nominations this time. Yes, we realize that leaves it wide open for tons of interpretations here. I would suggest keeping your noms in the rock/pop genres if you want a song with wide acceptance (and hence, more votes).... but shoot I could go off and nominate a bluegrass something, who knows?

However, a special is just that, special. Not bound by the normal rules etc. Nominate whatever you like. Just realize that some types of songs are going to be more popular than others. The voters will determine which instrumentals are acceptable by voting them onto the list (or not).

Congratulations on your beautiful boy, Ben. :) What a nice name you gave him! I get the Lennon and Palmer references, but Nathaniel! Were you thinking of Nathaniel Adams Coles?

Well Nathaniel was my girlfriend's idea. And Palmer is my last name. So I didn't have much of a choice on either of those haha. But Lennon was totally my idea. But we can pretend that he was named after Nat King Cole ;)

Idlewild Blue (Don'tchu Worry 'Bout Me) ~ Outkast (2006) dailymotion*

* some label or the other doesn't want me to view that video on youtube, if you could still include it in the playlist I'd be grateful :)

People... don't 'chu worry 'bout me

Evil... gon' get buried by me

Well... I'm gonna choo-choo out of this lil' town

And... soon as I do it I'mma get down

Come on

Ah ah ah Come on

To Hell With Good Intentions ~ mclusky (2002) youtube

My band is better than your band

We've got more songs than a song convention

Sing it

My love is bigger than your love

Sing it

My love is bigger than your love

Sing it

And we're all going straight to hell!

But that's a private choice. I choose to vote for it also. (You've got me singing it now, Laurie). :)

Thanks 55!....I heard it on the radio in the car the other day and I was singing along also...I didn't see it on the list, so I nominated it...I lost my "lista" some time ago...so now I'm just wingin' it! :P

And my personal choice on how I nominate is...well it's pretty simple...If I like a song and it's not on the list, well then I nominate it "no matter what"... ;)

some label or the other doesn't want me to view that video on youtube, if you could still include it in the playlist I'd be grateful

Done. I hope the album version is ok ;)

Old 55, I had to replace your Love Cats, The - The Cure vid :( . Used the album version as well. hope thats ok :crazy:

Na Na Na - My Chemical Romance (2010)

Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band (1976)

I watched Anchorman for the grazillionth time this weekend and now I can't stop singing Afternoon Delight. I should probably wait until a Guilty Pleasures special Top Ten to whip this out but I just can't help myself. (That's what she said.)

Anchorman version If you don't think this song is the greatest song ever, I will fight you.