RSS Feed for Blog

Carl

Zhivko created an RSS feed for our Songwriter Interviews and feature stories, which includes the Songfactor's Choice.

On any interview, just click the little RSS icon:

This means every time we post an interview or story, it will show up in your feed reader, which in my case is my Yahoo home page. This RSS thing is a good way to find out when a new post happens without having to constantly check the blog. Post here if you want to know more. :)

The "Blog" is just a way to post interviews and articles, which used to be very hard to do if you wanted a nice template and functionality like comments. Then Wordpress and Blogger came around, so we used Blogger to do the trick, which was OK but never looked or worked quite right. So Zhivko, who is our wonder-coder, created a custom blog system that gives the pages a great look and fun features like YouTube videos and thumbnail images on the index pages (http://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/).

As for the RSS, some people like to create a custom web page that gives them stuff like weather and news, and also tells them when blogs are updated. I use My Yahoo! for this, so here's what the Songfacts feed looks like:

Other people have browsers set up to alert them when a blog is updated, or mobile devices that use these feeds. They can be handy, and are good to have so we can get in the blog directories.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2010 at 1:55 AM, Carl said:

Zhivko created an RSS feed for our Songwriter Interviews and feature stories, which includes the Songfactor's Choice.

On any interview, just click the little RSS icon:

rss.png

This means every time we post an interview or story, it will show up in your feed reader, which in my case is my Yahoo home page. This RSS thing is a good way to find out when a new post happens without having to constantly check the blog. Post here if you want to know more. :)