The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #236

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc1a-1.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists).

... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

Top Ten Playlist

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Dog Night hardly ever gets nominated, and then two nominations, one right after the other :beady:

I guess I'll change mine to remove vote splitting. :P

I didn't know you had nominated them until after I posted. I have my nominations planned out weeks in advance. I have the next month's worth on my external hard drive. :laughing:

He Ain't Heavy made the list way back in the summer 2006 together with some very good songs:

1. Good Vibrations - Beach Boys (1966) 86

2. Somebody To Love - Jefferson Airplane (1967) 69

3. Angie - The Rolling Stones (1973) 66

4. Rock The Casbah - The Clash (1982) 57

5. Ramble On - Led Zeppelin (1969) 54

6. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman (1988) 53

7. Bring It On Home To Me - Sam Cooke (1961) 52

8. Daniel - Elton John (1973) 51

9. My Girl - The Temptations (1965) 48

10. He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies (1969) 46

Elephants ~ Warpaint (2008) youtube

this is from their self released EP, their first album comes out this week or the next, I think

produced by John Frusciante

Dry the Rain ~ The Beta Band (1997) youtube*

* a nice amateur video, song starts at ca 0:30

I thought about not nominating their most well known songs, but let's face it: even this one barely has any chance to get many votes ;)

This is the definition of my life

Lying in bed in the sunlight

Choking on the vitamin tablet

The doctor gave in the hope of saving me

In the hope of saving me

Walked in the corner of the room

A junk yard fool with eyes of gloom

I asked him time again

Take me in and dry the rain

Take me in and dry the rain the rain

The rain the rain the rain now

Walk on the Water - CCR 1968

From an article in Wikipedia about Turntablism: "Examples of turntable effects can also be found on popular records produced in the 1960s and 1970's. Creedence Clearwater Revival's 1968 self-titled debut album features a backspin effect in the song "Walk on the Water". However, turntablism as we know it now did not surface until the introduction of hip hop in the late 1970s."