How do u guys think of steve vai?

malismizer

:sleepy:The guy's got no soul, no feel, no idea of how a Guitar should sound, he has ruined anything he's ever played on.

he should try plugging his guitar straight into the amp without all those horrible effects and overtones and then

give himself a honest appraisal,

he should try plugging his guitar straight into the amp without all those horrible effects

Effects wont make you a better guitarist.

then

give himself a honest appraisal

I've heard songs by him live without effects and he is still an excellent guitarist.

The guy's got no soul, no feel, no idea of how a Guitar should sound

Since you obviously know so much about this subject, who do you think portrays the way a guitar should sound?

excellent comments by all. thanks. yet i have to say that playing a guitar's not just about getting the notes right and plucking the strings to get some melodies out. Its more to the soul, and effects helps to bring out the feeling of the player. Furthermore, some guitar effects are symbols of certain genres of rocks like psychedelic rock. Don't you think that the guitar sound ofpink floyd is great? :stars:

Since you obviously know so much about this subject, who do you think portrays the way a guitar should sound?

A Guitar should sound like THIS:

Jimmy Page "Rock n Roll"

Jimi Hendrix "Little Wing"

Eric Clapton "Strange Brew"

Robbie Robertson "King Harvest"

Mark Knopler "Brothers in Arms"

Angus Young "Back in Black"

Paul Kossoff "Mr Big"

Duane Allman "Layla"

Neil Young "Southern Man"

Steve Howe "Siberian Khatru"

Take Your Pick!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I sound too proud. nobody can say they know a lot about guitar beside those guitarists. how a guitar should sound depends on what kind of music the guitarist plays. Metal sounds obviously don't work while play classical guitar piece. different genres require different sounds and the sounds that make you understand the types of music you listen to are the good guitar sounds