Your first album

Batman

Gotta love these music questions :thumbsup:

The first record I actually bought with my own coin was probably The Stampeders 'Oh My Lady' on 45 (single).

I can't recall my first LP for I had a couple hundred or so by the time I was 16. It could of been Three Dog Night's "Cyan" but it wasn't released until 1974 and I'm sure I've bought a couple or so albums in '73.

I do know my first 8-track was KISS's "Hotter Than Hell."

The first album I remember buying... hm. For some reason I am drawing a blank. I think the first album I ever heard all the way through was Abbey Road. The second was Dark Side of The Moon. I forget after that. Actually, I think the first album I bought with my own money may have been Jimmy Buffet's Greatest Hits

I've long forgotten. Seriously =:P One of the first records I owned was the "Ashes To Ashes" single as well as the soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange (all it had was the abridged versions of Beethoven's 9th, not all the songs that are included in the CD version).

The first album in my collection was "Rubber Soul" [....like my name "R Soul"]. It was a Christmas present. The first album I bought for myself (at 9:00 a.m. on the first day of release) was "Sgt. Pepper" - meaning that I was one of the first people in the world to buy it. It was downhill from then on.

Either 'Armed Forces' by Elvis Costello and t' Attractions, or 'Tokyo Tapes' by t' Scorpions. I can't remember which, and I can't remember where either of them are either. As a teenager I sold loads of records to buy fishing tackle and these may have been two of them. I remember the guy in the shop saying he couldn't take some of the albums as he hadn't heard of them so didn't think he could sell them on. Probably right on reflection.

The only upside is I caught the biggest Rudd ever seen on our marshes - a 2 lb monster on a maggot and size 16 hook!

Regards

The first album I ever owned was a cheapo folk album that had a version of "Puff the Magic Dragon" on it, and I got that when I was 6.

The first album I ever bought was one of those K-tel albums. The first real album I ever bought was the Bay City Rollers' "Rock & Roll Love Letter" album, which used the cover of "Wouldn't You Like It?" and seven of the songs from "WYLI", two from "Once Upon a Star" plus "Money Honey" and "Rock & Roll Love Letter." Seriously.

Aside from those "Goofy Greats" albums from K-Tel that they would advertise on TV a hundred times a day, I think the first "real" album I ever purchased was "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney AND Wings. If I'm not mistaken, "Band on the Run" cost me $3.99 at Woolworth's. And I think the second I bought was "Frampton Comes Alive" (I forget who did this album, though, and I forget the price...$7.99 maybe).

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

I went on my first shopping trip with my own babysitting money in 1969. I bought 3 things:

Creedance's Willie and the Poorboys

Janis with Big Brother and the Holding Copmpany's Cheap Thrills

A suede leather fringed purse

I thought I was one cool little chickie! One with good music taste though! ::

I remember I saved up my lawn mowing money and bought a cheap little plastic hi-fi. I thought I was sh#tting in high cotton, buddy, let me tell you. The albums I bought were:

Elton John's Greatest Hits

Eagle's Greatest Hits 71-75

Black Sabbath Paranoid

Ted Nugent Free For All

The first one I remember to be specifically mine was a cassette of the Eddie and the Cruisers soundtrack that I got from a garage sale. I was probably 10 years old, and was devastated when my 2-year-old sister pulled out all of the tape and decorated my room with it. :puppyeyes: I guess she wasn't a fan of John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band!