Do you believe in Aliens/Extraterrestrial beings?

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my high school days, I read books about UFOs and Project Blue Book, and believed that Something Is Out There. These days, I'd need proof in the form of metals, protoplasm, technology Not of This Earth. David Brin suggested in a short story that pre-contact species are protected by a one way barrier from extraterrestrial visits. Further, this barrier can only be pierced by the natives heading out to places unknown, then they're visited by Encyclopedia Galactica sales folk. :) So, until "NX-01" or "Zephram Cochrane" does the Warp Drive Two Step, all E.T. can do is watch and wait. :sleepy:

I would have to believe there is life out there somewhere beyond the stars. Nature must surely be the same in the great expanse, hence my believing any planet within the same range of distance from it's sun would produce similiar results as here on earth. Evolution though may play a similiar or different role on those planets.

As scientists continue to look at the possibility of life once existing on Mars, I do not find that at all far fetched. Actually I believe there was life there at one time before the planet began turning cold and then freezing over. That was probably caused by the diminishing strength of the sun. It probably took millions of years for this to occur.

What if, and just what if....we built a spaceship community, kind of like say the enterprise. It would be a big shuttle HUGE built in outter space. A place where people could live, work, eat, all that jazz. We have one generation that starts off the quest, and life keeps going. People Procreate. A community in space. People would be born in space! But, you would have to volunteer for something like this. They would get minds beyond belief. Of course, it would take a whole lifespan of a generation to build it.

Would you do it, or would you like to see it done?

What if, and just what if....we built a spaceship community, kind of like say the enterprise. It would be a big shuttle HUGE built in outter space. A place where people could live, work, eat, all that jazz. We have one generation that starts off the quest, and life keeps going. People Procreate. A community in space. People would be born in space! But, you would have to volunteer for something like this. They would get minds beyond belief. Of course, it would take a whole lifespan of a generation to build it.

Would you do it, or would you like to see it done?

Sammy and I have plans of building the next Vatican in space where all guests are by invite only. We have a very strict code of ethics...

Oh yeah, and Uncle Joe is our ethical advisor.

See? I also thought like you, Batman. Too many people living on the ground, too many reachings for a piece of cake...

Totally, not enough cake! Also, like I said in the "End Of The World Thread," overpopulation leads to cutting down trees to make houses, and cutting down to trees to create room for houses, which leads to lack of oxygen, which leads to death.

I think we should all be worried about air supply!

Anyway, I don´t give this civilization more than one century... I guess something will happen, there will be just some millions of survivors and maybe that will be a chance to build a new civilization... learning from previous mistakes. It´s obvious that the earth has its limits and in the last hundred years we´ve ruined natural ressources more than in all those millions years ago.

• 1 year later...

i believe that all paranormal beings and objects are linked. i mean you know how certain people see "ghosts" and others don't? well what if it's the same thing with UFOs? like they are there but only certain people can see them. i believe they are there. i think aliens and ghosts and demons and all that weird good stuff exist. i just ahve yet to see anything to prove my beliefs. but im keeping y eyes and ears open.

I believe in aliens, i mean if the universe is that big and there's only us in it then it is a complete waste of space.

I don't believe in aliens as they are in the movies though, people always imagine them to be like humans, but when you look at all the different types of life just on earth no one can really guess what aliens would look or act like. Life on other planets is probably so different to anything we have ever seen or imagined that we wouldn't even recognise an alien if it stared us straight in the eye.