Do you believe in Aliens/Extraterrestrial beings?

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, what an interesting subject. I would indeed say I believe there has to be some form of life out there besides us. It just doesn't seem logical. Of course people always leave out the possiblity that the extraterrestrials could be less technologically advanced than us. The stereotypical alien is always some brainy all-knowing computer genius with faster than light space crafts. Well what if they were really just cavemen?

Well, thats what we have done to ourselves. We have made a self understanding that Aliens have long stick bodies, long five fingers. A baloon shaped head with a slit for a mouth(sometimes) and 2 slits for a nose. Accounts are that they are always grey and evil. An alien could look like any one of us maybe. I believe they are out there watching us...wating for the government to find out and then they will make there move. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! but wait....does the government already know??????

Here is my crack at it. Einstein proved successfully that the only thing that remains constant, is the speed of light. One hundred eighty six thousand miles per second. Multiply this by the number of seconds in a year, and you get a pretty formidable number. Beyond comprehension. I think it is in the neighborhood of sixty trillion. One light year. Think of it like this. can you picture a green Bic lighter? Sure you can. 2? Still easy. 10? Hmm, maybe. Pretty easily. 70? 770? Ten thousand? The image becomes fuzzy. Fuzzy because we have nothing to reference it to. Scientists have calculated that our closest star (which is actually a sun), is Alpha Centauri, some 1700 light years (ly) away. That is our closest neighbor. And there are a lot of stars in the sky. Some nearer, some farther away, but certainly there . They know that our sun, oscillates , or, moves back and forth. It shifts like that because there are nine (give or take) planets running a race around the sun causing it to 'wobble' minutely. Using the same instruments, they have proven that the stars are 'wobbling' as well. Something is causing them to shift back and forth like our very own sun. Other planets. But, we cannot see those other planets due to the vast distance. it would be like having a darkened room, filled with women wearing white ballgowns. We guys, wearing dark tuxes, and whirling the ladies around would not be seen. But you WOULD see the white gowns, whirling. Same concept.

Bearing that in mind, I think it would be awfully conceited to think that we are the only organisms in this vast universe. I think it would be mathematically impossible. We are parked in orbit, some 93 million miles from our sun, and have an atmosphere. I would bet the house and all that is in it, that the chances of another 'earth' being out there, parked in an elliptical orbit such as ours , is more than likely, 100%.

Do I believe we have been visited? No. Absolutely not. But, this is where my small mind creeps in and says the distance is too great. In order for us to visit our closest neighbor, first, we have to fly at the speed of light. This cannot be done. And never can be done. We have mass. Light has no mass. And if you were to travel at the speed of light, you would become light. Not Atkins Diet light, I mean, actual light. But, lets say you could. Our closest neighbor is 1700 lightyears away. Thus far, no one has cracked the barrier of what, say, 115 years old? You still come up almost 1400 years shy. So, in my own opinion, no, we've never been visited. And just for arguements sake... If 'they' COULD cross that vast distance, I think they would have whatever technology there is to find out the overall 'mood' of the destined planet is. Good or bad. We have kids carrying guns to school, and nations at war. Parents killing their own children. And Jerry Springer. No, I think they would make a detour and skip the whole Earth experience altogether, and I wouldn't blame them. Would you walk into a yard with a bunch of snarling Pit-Bulls? Didn't think so. Me neither.

I do believe there is life out there. I just don't think we were meant to communicate with one another.

But that is just my opinion.

Ken.

• 7 months later...

I believe that people like Sammy and edna are like, outta this world man.

I'd like to believe there is life out there. There is convincing evidence that Earth was once visited by extraterrestrials thousands of years ago. I'm not saying that I'm convinced...but it's food for thought.

I do think that the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe is more likely than the existence of God.

As to intelligence. I believe that if there is life out there some of it is more intelligent than ours and some is less intelligent. Just like here. Some out there may even be a$$holes. LOL...Imagine that!

Remember the space time capsule sent out several years ago? Voyager included images, natural sounds of earth, greetings in 55 languages and the following music:

Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F. First Movement, Munich Bach Orchestra, Karl Richter, conductor. 4:40

Java, court gamelan, "Kinds of Flowers," recorded by Robert Brown. 4:43

Senegal, percussion, recorded by Charles Duvelle. 2:08

Zaire, Pygmy girls' initiation song, recorded by Colin Turnbull. 0:56

Australia, Aborigine songs, "Morning Star" and "Devil Bird," recorded by Sandra LeBrun Holmes. 1:26

Mexico, "El Cascabel," performed by Lorenzo Barcelata and the Mariachi México. 3:14

"Johnny B. Goode," written and performed by Chuck Berry. 2:38

New Guinea, men's house song, recorded by Robert MacLennan. 1:20

Japan, shakuhachi, "Tsuru No Sugomori" ("Crane's Nest,") performed by Goro Yamaguchi. 4:51

Bach, "Gavotte en rondeaux" from the Partita No. 3 in E major for Violin, performed by Arthur Grumiaux. 2:55

Mozart, The Magic Flute, Queen of the Night aria, no. 14. Edda Moser, soprano. Bavarian State Opera, Munich, Wolfgang Sawallisch, conductor. 2:55

Georgian S.S.R., chorus, "Tchakrulo," collected by Radio Moscow. 2:18

Peru, panpipes and drum, collected by Casa de la Cultura, Lima. 0:52

"Melancholy Blues," performed by Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven. 3:05

Azerbaijan S.S.R., bagpipes, recorded by Radio Moscow. 2:30

Stravinsky, Rite of Spring, Sacrificial Dance, Columbia Symphony Orchestra, Igor Stravinsky, conductor. 4:35

Bach, The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 2, Prelude and Fugue in C, No.1. Glenn Gould, piano. 4:48

Beethoven, Fifth Symphony, First Movement, the Philharmonia Orchestra, Otto Klemperer, conductor. 7:20

Bulgaria, "Izlel je Delyo Hagdutin," sung by Valya Balkanska. 4:59

Navajo Indians, Night Chant, recorded by Willard Rhodes. 0:57

Holborne, Paueans, Galliards, Almains and Other Short Aeirs, "The Fairie Round," performed by David Munrow and the Early Music Consort of London. 1:17

Solomon Islands, panpipes, collected by the Solomon Islands Broadcasting Service. 1:12

Peru, wedding song, recorded by John Cohen. 0:38

China, ch'in, "Flowing Streams," performed by Kuan P'ing-hu. 7:37

India, raga, "Jaat Kahan Ho," sung by Surshri Kesar Bai Kerkar. 3:30

"Dark Was the Night," written and performed by Blind Willie Johnson. 3:15

Beethoven, String Quartet No. 13 in B flat, Opus 130, Cavatina, performed by Budapest String Quartet. 6:37

Hmmmm, only one rock song...Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry. Excellent choice but shouldn't there have been more??

What music would you have included? Not your favorite artists but what you would want alien civilizations to hear from us.

I'd have included something from Steely Dan because it includes influences from rock, jazz and even classical music. More from me later. What would you choose?

You can check out Voyager I and II here>> VOYAGER

THE GALAXY SONG

Monty Python

Whenever life get you down, Mrs. Brown,

And things seem hard or tough.

And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft,

And you feel that you've had quite enu-hu-hu-huuuuff!

Just - re-member that you're standing on a planet that's evolving

and revolving at 900 miles an hour,

It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,

the sun that is the source of all our power.

The Sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,

are moving at a million miles a day,

In the outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,

of the Galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our Galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars,

it's 100,000 light-years side-to-side,

It bulges in the middle, 16,000 light-years thick,

but out by us it's just 3000 light-years wide.

We're 30,000 light-years from galactic central point,

we go round every 200 million years,

And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions

in this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,

in all of the directions it can whizz,

As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,

twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,

how amazingly unlikely is your birth,

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,

because there's bugger all down here on Earth.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Unky, I´m from this planet, believe me... :jester:

I would burn them a cd with my fave songs... you know what I mean, I´ve posted them nearly 3.500 times... :laughing: :laughing:

I BELIEVE :))

Star fleet to scout ship, please give your position. Over.

I'm in orbit around the third planet from the star called

the sun. Over.

You mean its the Earth? Over.

Positive. It is known to have some form of intelligent species. Over.

I think we should take a look.

{intro slowwed down talking ends}

Strange beautiful grass of green,

with your majestic silver seas

Your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer

May I land my kinky machine?

{start slowwed down}

Strange beautiful, grass of green

with your majestic silver seas

Your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer

May I land my kinky machine?

{end slowwed down}