Eric Burdon

Carl

As lead singer for The Animals, he made the obscure folk song House of the Rising Sun a #1 hit on both sides of the ocean. Coming over in the British Invasion, he brought that unmistakable voice but also a severe case of wanderlust: a few years with the Animals, a year or two with War, on to Jimmy Witherspoon, solo work, etc...

Says Eric:

I'm my own worst enemy because I move around too much. I change my attitude and feelings then jump from Blues to Rhythm and Blues, then to Jazz and Folk.

In Dan's interview, we find out that Eric always considered himself a Punk and that the Animals had so much more to offer. There's also a great anecdote about the time he ran into Carole King, who was not a fan.

Interview with Eric Burdon

ha! What the heck kinda doctor has both Eric Burdon and Carole King in his office at the same time? I want an appointment!

:laughing: :laughing:

The best aspect of it, I've been told, is that Bob Dylan, who was angry at first, turned into a rocker. Dylan went electric in the shadow of The Animals classic "House of the Rising Sun."

That's a very good fact, both for Dylan's artistfacts and the song itself... :)

I liked the interview very much. I've always liked EB. I saw him live many many times and he never disappointed.

I always wanted to thank him for that amazing version of "To Love Somebody".

I didn't realize that it was a Goffin, King song until I was in a doctor's office in Beverly Hills and Ms. King came in and sat next to me. I didn't know it was her, I was just reading a magazine and she turned to me and said, "You know, I hated what you did to my song." I didn't know what to say, so all I said was, "well, sorry." and then as she got up to go into the doctor's office, she turned around and said, "but I got used to it."

And this is a good fact for "Don't Bring Me Down"... :)