Aerosmith's Frontman to be New Judge on American Idol

MuzikTyme

Because he's to be a judge on "Idol" or because of drugs?

JMO, but Tyler is one of my favourite all-time lead vocalist and wonderful on piano and harmonica (and can yodel, too...lol).

Who better a candidate to give objective opinion to music contestants?

But- whew, thanks for the clariffication.

:)

I dunno, you may be right, RR, but consider the possibilities once Tyler's a judge.

Never been much a fan of AI but I'll be sure to watch once Steven's sitting in a judge's chair.

It's all about $$$ and ratings, anyway, IMHO.

Case in point, they've got at least one new viewer...me. And I'm safe to say that I'll not be the only one that starts watching AI because of Tyler's new placement.

This could be an XFL-style train wreck where we all tune in the first week to see the carnage and then let it die after a season. But then again, it just might work. Some thoughts:

Tyler

Steven Tyler did an awesome amount of drugs, and was not pleasant when he did them. He's also old and has been kind of loopy in recent years. But he is very musical and well qualified to judge from a technical and artistic standpoint. Anyone who has seen an Aerosmith show knows that the effort and passion he puts into his performances are what we wish the contestants could give us.

Lopez

J.Lo is less likely to succeed. The industry got sick of her diva behavior and marginal talent many years ago, and have been much happier promoting Beyonce ever since. To show you how out of touch she remains, her big comeback single was Louboutins, which is a song about her designer shoes. Paula had a flaky charm and was very likable. I think J.Lo needed more time in the trenches as a Fly Girl.

Thanks, Fox!

"Hey Fox,

Speaking of foxes this should prove as sly ; 1...2... free-four . . .

The memories of a man in his old age

Are the deeds of a man in his prime.

You shuffle in gloom of the sickroom

And talk to yourself as you die.

Life is a short, warm moment

And death is a long cold rest.

You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:

Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

So all aboard for the American tour,

And maybe you'll make it to the top.

And mind how you go, and I can tell you, 'cause I know

You may find it hard to get off.

You are the angel of death

And I am the dead man's son.

And he was buried like a mole in a fox hole.

And everyone is still on the run.

And who is the master of fox hounds?

And who says the hunt has begun?

And who calls the tune in the courtroom?

And who beats the funeral drum?

The memories of a man in his old age

Are the deeds of a man in his prime.

You shuffle in gloom in the sickroom

And talk to yourself as you die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still; I can't wait for Steven to finally "say" something! And I agree, Carl, let's just hope it makes it past the first week. It's the second week I'm a li'l concerned about...lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm guessing that Tyler and Company will we looking for a more marketable Idol this year:

Lee DeWyze's Live It Up album debuted at #19 on the Billboard album chart with sales of just 39,000, the poorest-selling debut from an Idol champ to date.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...