The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #231

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc1a-1.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ...Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists).... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

Top Ten Playlist #231

Edited by Guest
playlist

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was on Chris's PTT and a young friend of mine visiting from Australia also pointed it out to me. I love this song. It's so upbeat.

Zebra - John Butler Trio - 2003

The one below is also one Patrick shared with me. He really likes this guy and I can understand why. He's pretty cool. I told Patrick I would be nominating both songs this week. The Ratatat song I nominated the week before last was also from him. To bad it didn't do well but it happens right?

Let Me Be - Xavier Rudd - 2004

Oh good lord. :P

Better. :D

I never actually thought about not giving last week's a number. We're incorporating a special every month as the weekly ten, not in addition to the regular ones. It never occured to me that it was that big a deal. I'll see what the rest of the team thinks.

I still think this should be #230, since last week's didn't count towards the overall list.

To be honest it didn't really matter to me, but it would be easier and more correct for the archives, etc, so in the future we won't number the specials. At this point I'm not going back & doing a bunch of editing though, it will be that way from this point forward.

Edited by Guest

Lea successfully convinced me to make a comeback for this PTT. :)

First, I will treat you all to an epic released just ten years ago that not only deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Karn Evil 9, 2112 and Close To The Edge - it actually beats them all. In my opinion, at least. :grin:

The Great Nothing - Spock's Beard (2000)

I guess I have to make another nomination... this'll do. :P

Peaches En Regalia - Frank Zappa (1969)

Your opinion has great value. I was thrown off a bit by "Spock's Beard" and all, but... once I listened to it I started to kick myself in the arse for not recognizing such a quality song!

It has my vote this week and...I'm still kicking my arse, so (it's bruised by now) thanks for a truly wonderful song...the kind one hates to hear its end.

Disclaimer: I only use the word hate when a unique song stops which is the tragedy of a music lover.

Live long and prosper.

Lea successfully convinced me to make a comeback for this PTT. :)

Well I was kinda hoping for more then one or two votes for my Australian artists so a girl had to do something :D

Chris, I cant use Groove Shark so I added your songs to YT. Parts 1 and 2 ;)

Edited by Guest