Swing music

Viaene

Hi guys

Belgium has this great band called Lady Lynn and her Magnificent Seven.

I'm nog that good in labeling music, but I believe it's called 'swing'?

I love this kind of music and I was hoping you've got some recommendations for me :)

The song I posted is from a few years ago, but I don't care about the age, any decade will do.

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

I remember there was one year back in the 1990s when Swing music was being made by bands such as Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Royal Crown Revue, Rev. Horton Heat, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and The Brian Setzer Orchestra (same guy from the 80s Rockabilly group The Stray Cats). I think this was after the death of the 90s Lounge revival... I never got beyond the big names in that scene and never explored real Swing music from the 30s and 40s :beatnik:

I remember there was one year back in the 1990s when Swing music was being made by bands such as Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Royal Crown Revue, Rev. Horton Heat, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and The Brian Setzer Orchestra (same guy from the 80s Rockabilly group The Stray Cats). I think this was after the death of the 90s Lounge revival... I never got beyond the big names in that scene and never explored real Swing music from the 30s and 40s :beatnik:

The 1990's revival was called Retro Swing.

Fresh arrangements of dynamite old songs.

There was another band called The Blasters (2 brothers) I think :confused: I'm not sure if they were retro? Rockabilly? Sort of like The Stray Cats but, I saw them and could never really figure them out :cool: I mean it was dancing music but (not for me)Although,they played some really good music from the 50's but with a little more edge to it :shades: by that they were

just really loud, I just looked it up :) The Alvin Brothers (not to be confused with the Allman Brothers)I dunno these guys are 50's kind of music? Good stuff :thumbsup: