Non-Funny Images Thread

miamisammy29

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is, Beyonce is one of the few consistently fantastic modern mainstream pop artists out there. There's a lot of crap out there, but Beyonce isn't crap.

Huh? How do you figure? Did you not see her songs? All too many are like that, repetitive and no real message. Was Beyonce even one of the writers? Probably not as she has about as much brains as Kelly Pickler. The girls nowadays are used for their looks and their voice... no real creative talent.

Also:

That's absurd. Bad lyrics can rarely ruin a good song and good ones can rarely save a bad song. It's about the music, and her music is almost always good. As far as her being sold on her looks and not writing or producing her own stuff: Look at the girl groups of the 60's. Are you going to tell me The Supremes aren't any good either?

My favorite artist is Billy Joel, but I don't like every single one of his songs. Uptown Girl for one, I hate, and I can say the same about any artist I like.

I don't like that Beyonce song, either, but I do like many others of hers. I think she has a beautiful voice.

As far as image, it's not just women who are used for their looks and not talent....look at any boy band out there.

yup. my mom has the lp cuz she thought he was hot. He sounded better than Schneider, actually. But the music given to him was awful. Schneider had half-decent tunes to choose from at least.

After they finished acting they were able to concentrate more on singing (yay for us!)

From the album "Tryin' To Outrun The Wind" (which featured several Top 10 and #1 Country hits) I'm Gonna Leave You Tomorrow - John Schneider 1985

Here's a song that only made it to #18 and honestly finding anything by Tom Wopat is hard to do. This isn't the album my mom owns, but you can still hear the difference in style. A Little Bit Closer - Tom Wopat 1988

Schneider released several albums hitting #1 on the Country chart a half-dozen times. I've been poking around but haven't found Wopat amongst any Top 10 list. In the end, they were given contracts because girls would throw their panties onto the stage.

omg... is there anyone your not seperated by only 6 degrees? :tongue:

"I read somewhere that everybody on this planet is separated by only six other people. Six degrees of separation between us and everyone else on this planet. The President of the United States, a gondolier in Venice, just fill in the names. I find it extremely comforting that we're so close. I also find it like Chinese water torture, that we're so close because you have to find the right six people to make the right connection... I am bound, you are bound, to everyone on this planet by a trail of six people." ~ Ouisa Kitteridge in Six Degrees of Separation (Featuring Will Smith in one of his first-ever movies)