Songs You Hate But Love the Same

MuzikTyme

I like "All By Myself," but it's a song so deep into self-pity that I cannot listen to it... although, secretly, I'd love to listen to it and wallow in its misery... yet, I can't because I'm alone all the time that if someone were to see me listening to it on my own, they'd laugh at me. So, it's kind of a love-hate-love-hate relationship I have with it... it's complicated :beatnik:

Does this mean all songs are good once given the chance to appreciate them?

Hahah. I wish some girls would give me that kind of consideration :beatnik:

"Hate" is a strong word. However, I wouldn't listen to this song in public out of embarrassment due to its overwrought melodrama (what will people think?). I love Francis Lai's compositions, though; he's done the film scores for Love Story and the sequel to Emmanuelle.

• 3 weeks later...

Is that Austin Powers?

A while ago, we talked to Carmine Appice, who wrote D'ya Think I'm Sexy with Rod Stewart. They had good intentions, like Pink Floyd with "Another Brick In The Wall" and The Stones with "Miss You," but this Disco was much more mockable.

That's from So I Married An Axe Murderer. The song album from the movie has a rockin' cover of "Saturday Night" and I think it also has "There She Goes," but I think that's The Las's version. I LOVE that movie. There was a time when I used to quote it at work... I also used to call my little brother "HEAD!" :afro:

That's from So I Married An Axe Murderer. The song album from the movie has a rockin' cover of "Saturday Night"

I think it was the Saturday Night scene from the movie that first literally had me on the floor exploding from laughter!

The movie's main soundtrack There She Goes performed by the La's was a nice treat and bonus!

One of my favourite comedies fer sure.

Naw, I threw out literally to see what I may catch...in this case; Oatmeal (it does a body good and helps lower cholesterol)!

Oatmeal means literally?

hmmm

I used literally once and I'm thrown oatmeal. Everyone of you says "actually" more often than need be.

If I had to choose between the words "actually and literally" I'd be so confused because neither word is need... ed.

Webster's and seekers of vocabulary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was once a song I literally and actu...whoops

A song that I hate is the one I love to listen to (never grow weary of)

It goes like this