Suggestions for Specials

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some way to find out songs that only made it to #2? I ask, because a special where we vote on the best songs to make the TT that just missed being #1 might be fun. There have been a lot of great songs that fell short of the top spot.

I think it would be better to give a chance to the songs that went under 10... this is not the Olympic Games, just the Top ten... :laughing:

Personally, I don't see the charm of Numer Ones. When you make the Top it's a lot, I find it greedy... :P and boring.

Sorry to be honest, pinkstone,s that's my thoughts only...

Patience kids, the specials only roll around once a month. ;) We'll get to all these, they are all great ideas! And of course we're doing the Stones ... and maybe other artists as well. And best covers, and guilty pleasures, and comedy/novelty songs, and, and ..... ;)

A TT made up of only novelty songs would be fun and might bring a smile to someone on a winter's (for the majority of SFers) day.

Perhaps there haven't been any novelty (i.e. funny) songs produced in a long time, but they used to be so refreshing, as break from the Billboard Top 40 standard fare.

The first one I recall hearing was on the car radio while riding with my dad, by a guy called Nervous Norvus, titled Transfusion.

They've gotten a lot more sophisticated since 1956 while covering a broad range of subjects. But they still have one thing in common: making us smile.

edit: (oops .. just noticed Lucky posted a mention of novelty songs. So, I guess my post will serve a "second the motion" post.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was about to bring up the point that Sammy did. Unless you personally keep track of all the songs you nominate and how many times you've nominated them, what's stopping someone from nominating a song and saying it's been nominated 10 times, even if it hasn't? Someone would have to like Sammy suggested, comb through all 6,000+ songs and of the ones that didn't make it, count the number of times it's been suggested.