The Songfactor's Choice (The Beatles)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvis? ;)

I noticed Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band isn't in the list of suggested nominations. I don't know if you forgot that or used different selection criteria, but I thought people should know. (it's very likely to make my top ten)

btw, I'm having a hard time voting, these guys made a LOT of first class music! :bow:

EDIT:

1. Helter Skelter

2. Can't Buy Me Love

3. A Hard Day's Night

4. Back In The U.S.S.R

5. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

6. Revolution

7. Across The Universe

8. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

9. With A Little Help From My Friends

10.Sgt. Pepper’s lonely Hearts Club Band

Edited by Guest

I noticed Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band isn't in the list of suggested nominations. I don't know if you forgot that or used different selection criteria, but I thought people should know. (it's very likely to make my top ten)

The listed nominees are those that made the regular TT's; but fortunately, this thread was made open to all Beatles' recordings (and I have a few that won't be listed if I can ever narrow it down to a list of 10). But it's more surprising that Sgt. Pepper's and With a Little Help from My Friends did not make the TT as a joint entry, since they are segued on the album and almost always played together when they are played on the radio.

CCR, Beach Boys, Dylan, Carole King, Fleetwood Mac

All good suggestions. I hope there will be more artist polls like this one.

1] Helter Skelter

2] While My Guitar Gently Weeps

3] Eleanor Rigby

4] Come Together

5] Day Tripper

6] Hello Goodbye

7] Let It Be

8] Paperback Writer

9] Got To Get You Into My Life

10] In My Life

I feel like I've been beaten with a sock full of quarters after narrowing down all Beatles songs to a mere ten. :stars:

Here's my suggestion for a future artist top ten:

[biggest]STEVIE FREAKING WONDER![/biggest]

:bow: :cool: :bow: :cool: :bow:

1. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

2. Yesterday

3. Nowhere Man

4. Let It Be

5. Eleanor Rigby

6. Long And Winding Road, The

7. Strawberry Fields Forever

8. Penny Lane

9. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

10. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

We definately need my hero Dylan on that special list!!!

I don't even know ONE song by Carole King :stars:

(and the ones I know by Fleetwood Mac I don't particularly care for)

;)

You have "You Got A friend", "It's Too late", "I Feel The Earth move Under My Feet"... :P wait, I'll google and come back :laughing:

I like Carole King a lot... but more as a songwriter than as a performer... and Farin is right, she doesn't really have a lot of famous songs...

Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd are definite future lists, IMO. They've all had enough songs make the TT over the years that there are plenty to choose from.

The Who also has more than enough songs to do a TT.

Personally, I don't know enough Zep or Floyd to come up with 10 for either of them, although I'm sure others will.

You have "You Got A friend", "It's Too late", "I Feel The Earth move Under My Feet"... :P wait, I'll google and come back :laughing:

I like Carole King a lot... but more as a songwriter than as a performer... and Farin is right, she doesn't really have a lot of famous songs...

She has written a ton of hits! Perhaps a "Songwriter's Top Ten" would work.

She has written a ton of hits! Perhaps a "Songwriter's Top Ten" would work.

I agree, she's half songwriter for other artists and half for her solo projects.

She sowed her oats in the early '60s writing songs at the Brill Building...aka the Brill Building Sound alongside Neil Sedaka, Doc Pomus and Gerry Goffin whom she married first.

Her Tapestry album happened 10 years later...

:bow: :bow:

I'm glad y'all are getting the gist. Fyi, here's the way we think the future Top Tens are going to work. Each month we'll do 3 regular Top Tens (same as we've always done them). One week each month we'll do a special themed Ten, such as this one. We thought Kenne had a great idea in doing a "Best Of" the Beatles & Stones, so we decided that any of the big guns (Zep, Who, Floyd, Eagles, for example) would be great possibilities. There are many others, some already mentioned here in the thread, that could work as well.

In addition we're planning to do Tens using other types of themes as well, so anytime you have an idea let us know .... I like Steel's "Songwriter's" idea for instance.

Oh, and by the way, since Kenne's life is gearing up, and his time is going to be limited, I should probably announce that we've got a new team member .... TimLizzy has stepped up and volunteered to do the posting and vote counting for us each week. So welcome to Tim! ( :bow: )

Many many thanks go out to Kenne though, for keeping us rolling along. You don't know how much I, as well as the rest of the Songfactor's appreciate it .... Couldn't have done it without you kiddo, Thank you! :bow:

This is the final day for voting. I'll count the rest of the votes later and post the results by tomorrow.

Really? :P Aww, I thought we were going until next week. I'd best get my rear in gear and vote then...

1. Rocky Racoon

2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

3. In My Life

4. And Your Bird Can Sing

5. Revolution

6. Penny Lane

7. Long And Winding Road, The

8. Lady Madonna

9. Back In The U.S.S.R

10. Come Together

There. I've been listening to some of these this week to help me make a decision. It didn't help. :P

Edited by Guest

Thanks Lucky! Guess I should vote now...

1. A Day In The Life

2. All My Loving

3. Helter Skelter

4. In My Life

5. Tomorrow Never Knows

6. Eleanor Rigby

7. Strawberry Fields Forever

8. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

9. Something

10. Back in the USSR

That'll work for now, but could probably change on a day-to-day basis. Not really a possible task.

How were the songs on the list chosen?

I would have liked to see This Boy included for voting. :puppyeyes:

1-I Want To Hold Your Hand

2-Let It Be

3-Here Comes The Sun

4-In My Life

5-Yesterday

6-Blackbird

7-Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

8-A Hard Day's Night

9-You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

10-Dear Prudence