Commercial music wanted (Dig 1972)

Pagene

or remember a song or a commercial or movie song that had these words in it?

It goes "Midnight ride, down a rock bottom road...I say a bumptie bump de ba bump

(again sorry that's all I remember.)

If so please give me the title or Where it is from. As kids we use to sing this all the time and I know we heard it somewhere!!!! Was it like an after school special does anyone else remember this? Please help

Edited by Guest
title

Hi Pagene...I googled and only found something similar, but not exact lyrics that you posted...

Judy Garland... Bumpy Road To Love

We'll go bumpty-bumpty bumpty-bump on the bumpy road to love

We'll never need a silver lining for we'll never ever have a cloud

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

From the animation "The Point" Harry Nilsson

A little vintage thread now, but used to sing the same thing over and over quite often slight variation

Midnight riiiiide onna rock bottom roaaaaaad chickown chickown chickown chickown-kown lol

Anyway, it's "The Point" Harry Nilsson

• 2 years later...

This may be a long forgotten post, but this update is for anyone who finds it.

It's called "DIG a journey into the earth" from 1972.  The music is by Quincy Jones.  Created by John and Faith Hubley.  I too thought it was from "The Point," but I watched that this week and it was missing or so I thought.  Both stories are about a boy and his dog.  Not "A Boy and His Dog" by Harlan Ellison.  (I miss you Harlan.)

I see that the links above no longer work, so here's a new YouTube link to the short.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HbT1zXhRbk

I hope this helps someone, either the OP or someone doing a search for "Midnight Ride Down A Rock Bottom Road."

-No Fear Of Change-

Edited by No Fear Of Change
spelling only