Without a Paddle review

_jr_

Yesterday evening (Friday), I took my kids and my niece,ages 9,9,& 10, to see Without a Paddle. I was supposed to take them to see Princess Diaries II, but they changed their minds. (whew. the things a parents does for their kids).

Anyway, I have to tell you folks, I laughed right out loud throughout the movie. There is one scene with a bear that I actually laughed so hard I had tears.

Without giving away too much of the movie, the three main characters go on a canoe trip in search of D.B.Cooper's lost money, and run into a handful of characters along the way. (including the bear)

If you forget about the thin premise and a few far-fetched events, and accept it for what it is, you'll enjoy this

movie.

And the soundtrack is sparse, but enjoyable. The few songs in the movie are well placed and enrich the scene. During the credits, as we were walking out,a cover of Ram Jam's 'Black Betty' was being played. I wish I had hung around to see who was playing it, but the kids were in a hurry to get to the video games. Geez, I'm such an easy touch.

Anyway, back to the movie, I'd give it 2 1/2 stars. There is some light swearing, and a few adult references, but nothing to get in a twist over.