3. Bright Lights/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - Matchbox 20

4. Six Days On The Road - Taj Mahal

5. Read My Mind - The Killers

6. Rodeo - Garth Brooks

7. Already Gone - Sugarland

8. Come Next Monday - KT Oslin

9. Telling Me Lies - Trio

10. I'm Only In It For The Love - John Conlee

Great list Ron. Had a ha rd time picking yet again. Anyway, here is what I came up with.

1. I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

2. Read My Mind - The Killers

3. What'd I Say - Rare Earth

4. Wiser Time - Black Crowes

5. Thorn Tree In The Garden - Derek and the Dominoes

6. That Thing You Do - The Wonders (Good movie)

7. Super Clean Jean - The Marmalade

8. Bonny Portmore - Loreena McKennitt

9. Six Days On The Road - Taj Mahal

10. I Wonder If I Care As Much - Everly Brothers

1. I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

2. A Case of You - Joni Mitchell

3. It's Been Done - Angela McCluskey

4. Espero - Fuja Lurdes

5. That's All - Eliane Elias

6. Broken Doll - Paloma Faith

7. That Thing You Do - The Wonders

8. When It's Cold I'd Like To Die - Moby featuring Mimi Goeste

9. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson

10. Tatapá - Joao Bosco

Excelente. :)

1-A Case Of You - Joni Mitchell

2-I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

I don't actually know many of these songs, but if they are all as good as these two, it's a *hot* list. That's a devastating Stone Roses track - the distilled sound of pure awesome - and the whole Blue album is probably in my all-time TT.

LBB

1) I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

2) Sweet About Me - Gabriella Cilmi

3) Broken Doll - Paloma Faith

4) Afirika - Angelique Kidjo

5) A Case Of You - Joni Mitchell

6) Roll With It - Ani DiFranco

7) It's Been Done - Angela McCluskey

8) What'd I say - Rare Earth

9) Don't Blame Your Daughter - The Cardigans

10) Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

Nice stuff! :thumbsup:

Wow, what a journey! I knew like 3 songs on that list of yours, but I had no trouble in liking many of them. Here are my favourites:

1. Bright Lights/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - Matchbox 20

2. What'd I say - Rare Earth

3. Wiser Time - The Black Crowes

4. Read My Mind - The Killers

5. I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

6. Summer Wages - Ian Tyson

7. Richland Woman - Jim Kweskin and the Jug Band

8. Killer Blow - Sade

9. I Wonder If I Care As Much - Everly Brothers

10.Bubbly - Colbie Callat

Thank you very much, S2V, for making this PPT's happen! :bow:

Incidentally, you do know I absolutely can't stand The Killers, don't you? :shades:

:blush:

Other than having seen a statement to that effect in a thread on this site (which I did not - did you state that fact here once?) there would be no way I would have known that.

No, the reason the song put me in mind of you was the discontent within the lyrics, that I imagined the bands in which you have played have echoed. The Killers had nothing to do with the corollary. Sorry if you felt it a jab. It was not. Ironically, I was going to cite I Want To Be Adored (which you chose in your TT) as putting me in mind of you, but thought you might read too much into the title, so I picked my second choice upon which to make that comment ... lol.

BTW I was a bit surprised and found it revelatory that you included Afirika in your ten. Cool. :cool:

I don't actually know many of these songs, but if they are all as good as these two, it's a *hot* list. That's a devastating Stone Roses track - the distilled sound of pure awesome - and the whole Blue album is probably in my all-time TT.

LBB

Blue is Joni at her all time best. Any time Joni Mitchell is on a PT, she's in my top five at least. And the Stone Roses song was new to me, but I loved it enough to put it at #2 ;)

Hey, I want a song... :P :jester:
So do I :puppyeyes:

These Friends Of Mine - Rosie Thomas dedicated to all of you who continually enrich my appreciation of music - "they sure love to sing."

There it was for both of you - and not one vote :(

But that's OK. I did not mention some names, at the exclusion of others. It was just that certain songs strongly put me in mind of characteristics I seemed to have adopted for some people here. It wasn't meant in form to be a popularity highlight or something. My final song dedication is how I feel about everyone here. We all have something to offer to enrich all others, if we only look hard enough for that something.

01. I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

02. Six Days On The Road - Taj Mahal (I haven't heard a recommendation I didn't like... I should buckle and buy an album)

03. Summer Wages - Ian Tyson (I love the old Country sound :cool: )

04. I'm Only In It For The Love - John Conlee (there are so many ways this could be sung... I'm thinking of a Heroin Country Twangy Pop version of this song :beatnik: )

05. Killer Blow - Sade (my favourite singer from the top 50, but not my favourite song... it still ranks in the top 10)

06. Broken Doll - Paloma Faith (wow, this one sounded beautiful on first listen)

07. Don't Blame Your Daughter - The Cardigans (Nina Persson :googly: )

08. Bruises - Chairlift (this was used on a commercial... it's a boner fide EARWORM! :rockon: )

09. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson

10. Stella By Starlight - Cannonball Adderly (great instrumental, it's not just the sax, but the whole orchestration of this masterpiece. It's top 10 material).

11. Bubbly - Colbie Callat (This is the kind of song that would sound juuuuust right... if I were in love... SO close hahahah :headphones: )

Great selections, overall; very classy and smooth in some parts - just the way I like 'em :beatnik:

Thanks to each one of you for determining:

Steel2Velvet's Personal Top Ten

1. Six Days On The Road - Taj Mahal 97

2. I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses 82

3. A Case Of You - Joni Mitchell 53

4. Read My Mind - The Killers 52

5. Johnny Got A Boom Boom - Imelda May 52

6. What'd I say - Rare Earth 49

7. Killer Blow - Sade 45

8. That Thing You Do - The Wonders 43

9. Bubbly - Colbie Callat 41

10. Wiser Time - The Black Crowes 41

________

Further considerations:

I Could Fall In Love - Selena 34

Thorn Tree In The Garden - Derek and the Dominoes 33

Rodeo - Garth Brooks 32

Sweet About Me - Gabriella Clima 30

Afirika - Angelique Kidjo 29

Already Gone - Sugarland 29

Bright Lights/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - Matchbox 20 28

Bruises - Chairlift 26

Come Next Monday - KT Oslin 26

Keep On Tryin' - Poco 26

Tupelo Honey - Cassandra Wilson 26

Broken Doll - Paloma Faith 22

Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson 22

Roll With It - Ani DiFranco 22

It's Been Done - Angela McCluskey 20

Don't Blame Your Daughter - The Cardigans 15

Espero - Fuja Lurdes 15

Richland Woman - Jim Kweskin and the Jug Band 14

Take Saravà - Silvia Torres 14

I Found A Love - The Falcons 13

Jolene - Ray LaMontagne 13

Summer Wages - Ian Tyson 13

I Wonder If I Care As Much - Everly Brothers 12

Stella By Starlight - Cannonball Adderly 12

Super Clean Jean - The Marmalade 12

That's All - Eliane Elias 12

I'm Only In It For The Love - John Conlee 8

Heart Of My Own - Basia Bulat 7

Bonny Portmore - Loreena McKennitt 5

It Never Entered My Mind - Jane Monheit 5

Tatapá - Joao Bosco 5

Waters Of March - Lani Hall 5

Make Someone Happy - Sophie Milman 3

When It's Cold I'd Like To Die - Moby featuring Mimi Goeste 3

Telling Me Lies - Trio 2

Pictures - Sia 1

-----------

Lamentable falterings:

Despedida - Celso Machado

Janta - Marcello Camelo and Mallu Magalhaes

These Friends Of Mine - Rosie Thomas

You Have Been Loved - Sia

Hey, I love the surprises and the interesting choices I discerned from member to member as you each voted. Now, I understand why people got excited when I notified them it was their time to submit a list. It's a pretty cool process to follow from beginning to end.

Thanks and stay tuned! Starting Sunday we will list the "no votes" for a second-chance review and vote. Then the week after that we will have an Ultimate PTT featuring the top two winners from each week's list. Should be fun ... thanks for that idea, Kenne.

I loved most of the songs you suggested, Ron... :cool:

That's a very good list and I really enjoyed it (I even bookmarked some songs and now they're among my fave ones... )

Thank you!!!! :thumbsup.

"Six Days..." is a must... :cool:

(not like "Seven Days" :laughing: )

S2V,Great list of songs :thumbsup: I actually thought about changing my vote after listening to this list 3 times...But,I would have added Jolene, that Gabriella song (earworm)that's good stuff...I've never heard so many songs so different...Sax,ladies singing like a bird...and that Stone Roses song kicks A$$...and Taj Majal... :cool: Oh yeah...that jug band music :bow: great stuff

And also "Thank you" for putting this all together :bow: I don't think I've ever heard so many good songs in such a short time...this is music and it's fun :coolio: :rockon:

Edited by Guest
jug band music

:bow:

Great list Ron, and a lovely listening process. You gave me a couple of songs that will stay with me long after this ptt has finished (Johnny and that crazy Boom Boom for one.)

I want to add my thank you's to the rest ..... the ptt's are a huge commitment that you can't really understand unless you've done it, and here you've been week in, week out, with a smile in your words. I know that we are all looking forward to the upcoming rounds too. Thanks Ron, you rock! :thumbsup:

I'm shocked and stunned.

:laughing:

It's electrifying!

Actually, the only real final result surprise I found is that Sia's 2 songs got only a single vote between them. I felt both were uniquely arranged and exceptionally well performed. I have become a fan of hers as a result of having my mind pried open a bit further through this round of PTT exercises.

04. I'm Only In It For The Love - John Conlee (there are so many ways this could be sung... I'm thinking of a Heroin Country Twangy Pop version of this song :beatnik: )

Now that'd be one Bocephus arrangement! :cool:

Thanks again to all who took the time to listen and vote. You are good-hearted people. Your loyal participation is what makes this work so well.

S2V! I was sooooo close to voting on time for this one...but had a few songs left to go on Saturday that I only just got to listen to now. Anyway I loved the list, and going with a better late than never mentality I thought I'd share with you my picks.

1. Broken Doll - Paloma Faith

2. I Found A Love - The Falcons

3. That Thing You Do - The Wonders

4. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson

5. I Could Fall In Love - Selena

6. Bruises – Chairlift

7. Bubbly - Colbie Callat

8. I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

9. Summer Wages - Ian Tyson - this one instantly made me think of my grandad so I think I might have to recommend it to him.

10. Janta- Marcelo Camelo

Boa música, S2V, Obrigado!! :)