Photo Scavenger Hunt

MindCrime

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that all images need to be posted to an account on a free image hosting site and not direct-linked from a web site or they may be removed by a moderator for violating SongFacts rules for image posting.

I bring this to everyones attention because the funny images thread and a few other threads already have many posts with hot-linked images that have not yet been removed.

Stealing of bandwith from other web sites angers the owners of those sites and we already had one site owner in the past who swapped the hot-linked image with an obscene one and it showed up on the boards.

Carry On!

My post says "in response to MC", but it wasn't directed at you as an individual, MC.

It was a blanket reminder for all posters of images.

If you check the properties of the images posted in the other threads, you'll notice that many of them from different members are hot-linked images direct from a web site.

Most everyone is aware of the image rule but it still happens on a regular basis.

I just don't want to see a repeat of the changed obscene image again. It wasn't a pretty site the first time around.

Don't forget that all images need to be posted to an account on a free image hosting site and not direct-linked from a web site or they may be removed by a moderator for violating SongFacts rules for image posting.

I bring this to everyones attention because the funny images thread and a few other threads already have many posts with hot-linked images that have not yet been removed.

Stealing of bandwith from other web sites angers the owners of those sites and we already had one site owner in the past who swapped the hot-linked image with an obscene one and it showed up on the boards.

Carry On!

You're welcome to report any suspicious images to a Moderator of the subforum. :)

But I just want to mention that the webcomics that seem to be posted very often lately openly encourage hotlinking from their sites (as long as source and maybe a link to it are provided) :)

• 2 weeks later...