Die Antwoord

Ombre Vivante

"Enter The Ninja"

"Zef Side"

This is the best Rap I have heard and seen since NWA's Straight Outta Compton. I think the genre may be redeemed by the unlikeliest of Rap groups. Big pac, enemanen, dre, black eyed piece, jay-z, kenya waste, and the rest of that trash have nothin' on Die Antwoord :rockon:

That Yo-landi chick is cute... in a Todd Solondz, Larry Clark, Harmony Korine, Vincent Gallo kinda way :cool:

Of the trio of directors who helmed the New German Cinema, Herzog is the most accessible while Wenders is the most inconsistent (maybe a bit pretentious) and Fassbinder being the most prolific (and thematically regional). I think you should start with his most famous film, "Aguirre, The Wrath of God," and work your way along his big budget features (mainly the ones with Klaus Kinski). His revamping of Nosferatu, I recall, looked good. I don't know who his cinematographer is, but this guy shoots in a way that you'll be able to recall how the pictures made you think and feel (the movies' pacing is really s-l-o-w). One limiting thing about Herzog is that every one of the movies I've seen by him explore the same idea. The human condition has been Herzog's leitmotiv ever since he could get his hands on a camera. Now, I haven't seen his documentaries and latter work, but I wouldn't be too far off guessing he edited them in a way to show the common ideas he's explored ad nauseam.

Looking at my movie shelves, I say watch Herzog in this order:

"Aguirre, The Wrath Of God"

Fitzcarraldo (crazy undertaking... I think people died making this movie)

Nosferatu (great casting of Isabelle Adjani)

Cobra Verde (good music by German Folk band, Popol Vuh)

"Signs Of Life" (it's a low budget version of The Shining)

"Even Dwarves Started Small" (I like the director's commentary)

Check this s**t out:

• 2 months later...