The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Movies (Animated)

MindCrime

In this Top 10 special, we will be doing a non-music theme.

We ask you to nominate two movies that are Animated that you feel are great films or just overall quality animation. (Drawing, Computerized, Clay, or other technique)

The same regular rules that go with the top 10s applies here. First week or two is for nominations, then the regular top 10 voting will go on for another week or two or until everybody has their votes in.

*Voters may rank between 10-12 choices.

For 11: First 8 are ranked with an additional 3 that are worth 1 point each.

For 12: First 8 are ranked with 4 additional, however #8 will be worth 2 points instead of 3.

Please let us have your nominations now

:popcorn: mickey-331.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toy Story (1995 - Disney/Pixar) = A wonderfully animated, funny, and very creative tale of Woody the Cowboy, a favorite toy of his owner, Andy, and the jealousy he feels when Andy receives Buzz Lightyear, a high tech astronaut toy for his birthday. The characters are voiced by Tom Hanks (Woody) and Tim Allen (Buzz)......To infinity and beyond!

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs (2009 - Sony) = Loosely based on a classic children's book, it's the story of an inventor, Flint Lockwood, who creates a machine that makes food from water in order to make life better in his town, where the sardine canning industry has come into hard times and people are stuck eating sardines. Things change very dramatically when his small machine accidentally flies up into the sky, making it rain food. Flint is voiced by Bill Hader, and features the hilarious role of Earl, voiced by Mr. T.

I was into animation for almost a decade, so it's kinda difficult to ask for only two animated movies.

Akira: a movie that single-handedly brought back Japanese animation to North America in a big way :rockon:

Heavy Metal: short animated clips all united by the theme that they're from the comic book anthology, Heavy Metal. There are musical interludes, but it is not a musical per se :rockon:

May I nominate "Who framed Roger Rabbit"?

And "One Hundred and One Dalmatians" (Disney)

So

"Who framed Roger Rabbit" (1988)

"One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961) I was 6. It was the first and only time I cried watching a movie in a theatre.