The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #225

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc6.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Songfacts playlist

Nominatenow.png

Edited by Guest

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, since this is the last ten for a while I'm nominating the two songs I want in the most.

If I get this one in, I will have gotten Graham Nash in as a solo artist, a member of CSN, and a member of The Hollies :

Jennifer Eccles - The Hollies - 1968

I've nominated this song THREE TIMES and it's been excruciatingly close every time :

Tell Me Something Good - Rufus and Chaka Khan - 1974

Doubtful that I will be hosting it when it returns though

Thank you Kenne! We all really appreciated you stepping up and lending a hand when it was needed. :bow:

Big thank you's need to go out as well, to Katie, Peaches, Chris, Tim, Lea, Radhi, and Ron. Huge thank you's to Fin, Martin, and Laurie (and thank you to Bluesy, who willingly stepped up & helped me with the list when I needed it!) ..... and most of all thanks to Darryl. This thing was his baby, and to say it's been a succesful enterprise is putting it mildly .... :bow:

My nominatations are two of the reasons we're all here at SF, and have kept this thing going as long as it has, I think ....

I've Got the Music In Me - Kiki Dee Band (1974)

I've Got A Rock 'n' Roll Heart - Eric Clapton (1983)

Thank you to everybody who's shown up week after week to play with us, and I hope everyone that has played & enjoyed the Top Ten in the past can find time to stop by this week and join in! :)

How Many More Times - Led Zeppelin 1969

Imagine it's 41 years ago that I bought this album! I've always thought this song was released as a single and that it was shortened like Light My Fire so it would be played on radio stations.

Flowers In The Rain - The Move 1967

Nice video! Some trivia from wikipedia: "In a promotional stunt, for the record - typical of the band's manager Tony Secunda - a postcard was released with a cartoon of a naked Harold Wilson, linking him to his secretary, Marcia Williams. Wilson sued, and the High Court ordered that all royalties from this song were donated to a charity of Wilson's choice. This legal arrangement remains in force to this day and is thought to have cost the group millions of pounds in royalties over the years.

I hope you don't mind Dappled if I post one of the longest known versions of How Many More Times from their 3rd North American tour in the summer of '69.

This show is from the Texas International Pop Festival 8-31-69. One of the best soundboard recordings from 1969.

It's 27 minutes long but the last 4 is Communication Breakdown to close the show.

This version of How Many More Times (includes Suzie Q, The Hunter, The Lemon Song, Boogie Woogie, All Shook Up) in it's medley.

Plus a 10 on the 10 scale for soundboards.

How Many More Times Part 1

How Many More Times Part 2

How Many More Times Part 3

Thanks Dappled

:cool:

Motorhead-OverkillLink

Hopefully this is right

Pink Floyd-One These Days Link

Alright,I got the songs to come up but?

:help:

And I have my PTT coming up... So,I'll be busy for a few days...

You got it! :bow: All you needed to do is type the name of the song in the spot where it says "link" , but even that is not necessary. Woohoo matt! :D