Just curious . . .

Nirvana2k4

I'm just curious to know if there's any people out there who are obsessed with the TimeLife infomercials? LoL. I'm serious. The ones that advertise the "greatest music collections" and all. I stay up quite late sometimes in hopes of finding one that loops for a half an hour so I can see the footage and hear small clips of great songs all bundled together. Call me strange, but I love it. The newest one showing is the "Legendz" one. Coolest so far . . . I might have to call in. :neener:

It's fun(fun fun) to see all the Old Film Clips again, and it's awful to see former heros pawning the old tunes. It's great for the younger generations to get a snapshot view of older music. Sometimes they show dynamite musical documentaries on PBS, A&E , VH-1 and Ovation. Every day there's more and more music being released on dvd.

____

I asked her what she wanted,

And this is what she had to say:

A pearl necklace

She wanna pearl necklace ~ ZZ Top

:shades:

Yeah, me & my friend recently saw a late night infomercial for a classic rock compilation set, that featured Roger Daltry (The Who) hosting it, I felt that he in a way; sold out by doing the commercial in the first place, but seeing the concert footage was pretty nice.

Yeah, me & my friend recently saw a late night infomercial for a classic rock compilation set, that featured Roger Daltry (The Who) hosting it, I felt that he in a way; sold out by doing the commercial in the first place, but seeing the concert footage was pretty nice.

Okay. I'm not seeing what is apparent to everyone else, but since when did making an honest living (in this instance, selling music through an infomercial) constitute as "selling out"?

Selling out: I never quite understood that term...

I get a kick out of the infomercial, always am stunned at the cost of the product, open my KaZaa program, type in "AM Gold" see all those tunes, download a pile of them, put them on MP3 format, and then give the damn disc to a family member because they heard it at my place.

"Skyrockets in flight, afternoon delight?" I was 13, singing a song about the horizontal mambo, and never even realized it. Damned Starland Vocal band...

The last one i saw was Classic Rock'n'Roll Love Songs.i remember listening to them when i was like 5 or 6 cause my older sis would always be listening to those radio stations at night.i forgot how much i used to like those songs.For example that Elvis Presley song 'Are You Lonely Tonight?'.call me crazy but i luv that song.you gotta love the oldies. ;)

I happened to watch that same infomercial as well. I think he looked like he sold out because he pretty much spent an hour exchanging cheesy lines with that one chick. I never could see the point in paying so much money for a compliation album when you can download the songs. The point of spending money on a specific album is so you can enjoy the entire length of creativity that came from that artist in that specific time period, not just the singles.