Anoybody else a musician?

Heimann47

So I've been wondering, are there any other songfactors aside from myself that know how to play any instruments?

I mostly play bass quitar, but I've dabbled on the 6-string side as well (not including my 6-string bass), and a few years back I used to play trumpet and trombone.

So, anyone else play? I'd be thrilled to find that I'm not the only musician here :cool:

Oh, thanks for reminding me, if anyone else is a musician, how long have you been playing? And what do you play (not the instrument, the make/model of it)

I've been playing bass for a little under three years, I've got four; A Squier P-bass, an LTD F-104, an Epiphone Thunderbird, and a LTD FX 406 6-string

I have a 55 strat...a workhorse

a 53 Gibson (Rosewood)...good guitar just never stays tuned up :ooo: love playing it but hate switching when it gets funky

A 55 Flying V Bass...Good Bass but a little awkward (heavy)

And at one time I could play the violen...I still do...but it's the practice...

And I play everything with 2 Marshall half stacks

just me though...I just crank it up

I've been playing a long time...lost count

Now it's just fun...for the love of music :shades:

And if it's I've learned anything?

Yeah,soundchecks...

The last few years,since joining SF...

"Thanks" to everyone

I play 7 instruments

Guitar, clarinet, piano, mandolin, banjo, bass and harmonica.

And, I even have a music MySpace

I've always wanted to be a musician. Almost went to Berklee to major in it. But it cost too much money. I've sent out demos but the chance of that producing anything is like 1 in 1000000000000000 so I don't get my hopes up. So for now, I play for fun.

Because I do love playing music :D

An authentic (I'm assuming) 55 Flying V bass? where did you manage to find that?

Wow,I don't remember exactly...I got it 30 something years ago from someone...I think I loaned someone some money,they gave me the bass and when they paid me back...I'd give them the bass back.The only things I've changed are the strings and the pick ups...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i'm a musician here too!

i can play keys, recorder and guitar pretty well.

occasionally i dust my hands off on my band mate's bass and sometimes the drums too!

playing the drums is by far the best when it comes to feel and expression, i hope i can make my way to a sax someday!

drums are the rythem part of almost all music (and bass)It's great to play guitar solo's and stuff but with no backup it has no real purpose... a good rythem section always helps... and a bad one makes for a really rough night

I think I might need spell check on this one :laugh:

I played trumpet from 5th until 10th grade. In 11th grade, got a guitar and learned some chords. A year later, bought an upright bass and played in a folk duet with a very good acoustic guitarist. We called ourselves "Jim and Me" while playing local venues covering mainly the songs of Ian and Sylvia.

Jim lives in N. Carolina now and plays mandolin in a bluegrass band. While in the Navy I bought an electric bass and jammed with friends aboard ship, last playing it in a church band 15 years ago.

In Navy boot camp I auditioned for the recruit Drum and Bugle Corp in order to spend time rehearsing instead of drilling with a rifle. Had lost my lips for the bugle, but made it in as a bass drummer. For 16 weeks, played at every weekly graduation ceremony, keeping the beat for a 20 piece corp band.

• 2 weeks later...