Cop Punches Girl In Face

_Laurie_

No, I didn't avoid the question. I answered it: anyone who abuses their authority over petty s**t is a pig. Of course the chick slapped/punched this piece of trash - we've all seen the video - but it was because he was being physically overbearing to the other girl over nothing. Good going, now the police dept. is gonna have to waste time, money, and resources investigating some stupid jaywalking incident.

:shades: Huh? Look, I'm not a fan of cops...but Pigs? A waste of money? Again,the video speaks for itself...The government spends and wastes more money than this little 2 and a half minute video...maybe this should have been handled a little better...but...the police win on this one

I'm merely expressing what I know to be right and I didn't use anything excessively insulting. Hell, a punch to the face from that pig has to hurt more than the words I've written. I didn't know one had to lie in this instance in order to be thought of as better. I don't agree with his initial call, his response to the situation, and I fail to understand how he keeps his beat safe by committing such stupid actions. If this counts as "winning," I'd hate to see this pathetic loser lose.

I think it's funny how he has yet to comment on the fact that the woman started it by assaulting a cop. All he's done is degrade the police officer without saying word one about the lunatic bint who instigated the whole thing. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he hates cops period and this is just an avenue for him to express that hatred.

You don't attack a cop. If you physically go after a police officer, you're going to get your ass kicked. Doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. Doesn't anyone watch COPS? This is basic rule numero uno, here.

I don't think anyone here has accused you of being a liar...Or being anti-cop...you're entitled to your opinion and if you post it here you're going to get some sort of reply...

Unfortunately,this time I'm going to have to disagree

You know the "Pig" thing and other stuff

What do you want? Anarchy?

I think(almost) everyone here agrees this should have been handled differently...

Again,the police win this one...

Edited by Guest
too much hot cheese

I think it's funny how he has yet to comment on the fact that the woman started it by assaulting a cop. All he's done is degrade the police officer without saying word one about the lunatic bint who instigated the whole thing. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he hates cops period and this is just an avenue for him to express that hatred.

You don't attack a cop. If you physically go after a police officer, you're going to get your ass kicked. Doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. Doesn't anyone watch COPS? This is basic rule numero uno, here.

Okay, lemme rephrase what I said, "This guy is a geeeenius for catching a coupla teenagers jaywalking and letting the situation culminate in him punching one on the face. Holy crap, Batman. This guy is a hero! The streets of Seattle are safe now from errant jaywalkers."

I don't attack a cop? Ever? Actually, if it's in self-defense, and if I can retaliate, then I will defend myself. A badge and a gun isn't enough reason for me to just allow someone to abuse me or a loved one.

Calling the cops "pigs" went out of style in about 1975. :shades:

Actually though, I'm really hesitant to give much credence to a 2 minute video clip, taken completely out of context. The camera may not lie, but it only gives us a brief moment in time ... we dont know what the situation leading up to this may have been. We don't see what may have been done or said prior to this, and we don't know what the relations between the citizens of the neighbohood & police may have been, all of which play to the cop's actions (and the girl's as well). It's easy to rush to judgement on the basis of that short clip. I wasn't there, so while I may wish the officer had handled things differently, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to both sides.

I don't feel the gender thing should even come into play .... you dish it, you'd better be able to take the consequences, be you man or woman.

I know! I was using an old euphemism on purpose. I didn't realise some members would get indignant about it seeing as to how well things went along on the rage against the machine/illegal alien thread. Hey, maybe if I was white and well-to-do (or either one by itself), my opinion on the police's renown abuse of certain races and classes of citizens would be different. Contrary to what pinkstones wrongly stated, I don't hate all police, I just hate the ones who abuse their authority and power, and in my formative years (and even now) I've seen quite a few instances - from top legislation to the enforcement - which would make me circumspect :beatnik: